Now when I got my first guitar (which I got from my uncle's friend who said he made it himself but highly doubt it) every time I hit two notes that are on the 12th fret or higher it makes this wierd sound that doesn't even sound like a note. The guitar is supposed to be a homemade strat look alike that a scrated out Slammer by Hamer on the headstock. So the question is what is it my pickups or my guitar.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I had that happen to my $100 fullerton. Its the ****y Guitar not the ****y pickups
Lets plat carpenter; we both get hammered then i nail you
do u think the strings are too low and are rubbing the frets?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

strings are not too low because if they are they would fret buzz like hell.

fyi: my guitar even fret buzzes like hell when it's tuned standard.
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by Icarus66
describe the sound more. is it a buzz, or what?

ever heard an annoying siren that's how it sound like. Or go buy a 50 dollar guitar and try it out.
YOur frets wont buzz at all if you losen the stress bar but then it will be harder to play
Lets plat carpenter; we both get hammered then i nail you
do u mean feedback?
what amp are u using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
do u mean feedback?
what amp are u using?

It's not feedback it just makes this annoying sound. Like in the movie Dumb and Dummer where Jim Carrey made that most annoying sound in the world that's how it sounds like.
Quote by gitarman1
YOur frets wont buzz at all if you losen the stress bar but then it will be harder to play

Stess bar is that the truss rod.
Quote by jj1565

You may have uneven frets, and you need to get them filed down.
Oh crap!
Maybe i need to get a new guitar badly but i need a job. i have a mission and i must fulfill it good night.
Quote by reb_49
Maybe i need to get a new guitar badly but i need a job. i have a mission and i must fulfill it good night.

Or maybe you could be more helpful in your description and let us help.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Striketalonx
Or maybe you could be more helpful in your description and let us help.

Well he said it was like the most annoying sound in the world from "Dumb and Dumber"

So that sounds like a dead note/fret buzz to me.

Either A: You need to properly setup your guitar (Neck Bow, String Height, Intonation) or if that doesn't work you need to have the frets leveled, dressed, and crowned. If your guitar is a cheapie you might want to look into buying a new guitar if it needs fretwork, depending on how much the local luthier would charge you.

A guide to adjusting your truss rod, string height, and intonation can be found at www.projectguitar.com.
yeah, i think he isnt recognizing it as fretbuzz.

not sure what u mean by, "two notes on the 12th fret of higher"

but if u mean 2 notes on the same string, at 12th fret or higher, then u can raise just that string a little to clear the fret.

on strats, ull find this type of saddle. u will need a tiny allen wrench to lower the two screws circled. that will raise the string.

phil's pic.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62