Well my friend wants to play guitar in our Ska band and I'm completely broke and he is too but my friend has a 60 watt behringer solid state amp

I know its not the best but would that get over drums?

also would a 30 amp for horns be good?
Gibson SG Special Faded

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT Amp

Squier Acoustic starter pack
yaeh 60 watts is plenty
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
yeah 60's plenty
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
60 is fine for guitar, i dont no about the 30 for horns.........
"We could only wonder what he would have accomplished is his life hadn't ended so early"

----Randy Rhoads----
alright thanks

So we would need something louder for horns?
Gibson SG Special Faded

well i dont think that 60 watter will do

i got a 120watter and i cranked it to about 8-9 during practice.....(mabey my drummer plays loud??)
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
^ Yes, your drummer plays too loud.

What kind of horns? Trumpets and bones get damn loud, you might not need an amp for them. And you won't need an amp for them at practice.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Quote by TGM

What kind of horns? Trumpets and bones get damn loud, you might not need an amp for them. And you won't need an amp for them at practice.

hes a ****ing crazy good drummer...so if hes a bit loud...mehhh

he can do that grindcore blast beat stuff.....and keep a super sweet beat
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
^ If he's a good drummer he should have no problem playing quietly. IMO a drummer is no good if he can't play with dynamics and keep time, no matter what else he can do. (I'm not saying that your drummer can't keep time, I haven't even heard him, so don't take it to offense.)
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
yeah 60 watts is enough
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
Quote by TGM

We got a trumpet and a Sax

Im pretty sure the sax will need a mic

But yeah we dont need to mic the horns yet...its just we need to know what would be enough for horns and vocals to be heard good if we get anywhere.... even though Ska is literally dead in the northeast lol
Gibson SG Special Faded

If you use the 60 watt amp, I reccomend getting an amp stand for it. That way it will project the sound farther into the audience.
i used to have a **** 15watt fender frontman and it was only not getting over the drums BARELY with volume on four. sounds like crap past that and just farts
Noones answering my question lol

we have an alto sax and a trumpet in our ska band so how many watts would we need for the vocals and using mics for the sax and trumpet

and also would like an acoustic amp work for doing that ^

And we can have vocals and the brass coming out on one amp right? just making sure
Gibson SG Special Faded