I need help improving my alternate picking speed. I don't mean economy picking or anything I mean just up and down with my pick.Like in the blink-182(no one say anything!!!) song dysentary gary, fast like that.
hold the pick between your thumb and the side of your index finger, make very small motions and practice with a metronome.. also don't use blink 182 as an example of fast :P just don't
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
^ agreed. but for your problem, try relaxing your hand and just strum fast form your wrist. also go more towards the neck less towards the place where you normally play, this is kinda lame sometimes, but is good for startin/ doin what u wanna do.
Last edited by Gitter_Wizard at Jun 9, 2006,
That is not good guitar playing at all. That is pure crap. When will you kids learn how ridiculous shredding actually is? Who honestly cares how fast you can play, if it doesnt sound good, who cares? BB King, Hendrix, or Duane Allman can play one note and sound better and 1000 from Rusty whatever is name is.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
^ i agree in that music has become a contest to see who sold their soul for the most

i like dream theater, but it seems to lack "feeling"

o to keep on topic, just do it slowly, then it will come to you, and you'll hate doing it otherwise
^^He asked how to play fast.. and my friend rusty cooley is the best example of fast we never said he had the most "feeling". Also duane is dead, there is no one to replace him.. except maybe derek trucks.
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Thanks for the response guys,ALL of you. Any advice on how slow to play,like ridiculous slow or just comfortable slow.And I was just using the blink song as an example(though I am a fan[moreso of their earlier stuff]).Also I have a question for chase09, how many records has (insert sarcastic tone) rusty cooley sold?And how many times a day does he brush his hair?
Last edited by LordOfTeMohawks at Jun 12, 2006,
Quote by handlerb
That is not good guitar playing at all. That is pure crap. When will you kids learn how ridiculous shredding actually is? Who honestly cares how fast you can play, if it doesnt sound good, who cares? BB King, Hendrix, or Duane Allman can play one note and sound better and 1000 from Rusty whatever is name is.

When will you stupid people realise that taste in music, like everything else, is a matter of opinion?
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you