Poll: Do you like pickguards on your guitar or not?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like pickguards on your guitar or not?
Yes
12 30%
No
15 38%
I don't care
13 33%
Voters: 40.
I'm not sure if this has been done before but do you prefer pickguards on your guitars, none at all or you don't really care?
I prefer them because I don't want to scratch the finish or laquer.
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
I dont know how you would scratch it like do you play with your hand striking down on the guitar? Or you guitar horizontal? I dont like pickguards.
pick guards are USELESS!!! why would you not want to scratch the body underneath the strings....its not like when the guitar is old your going to take the pickguard off so that it still looks new...that just takes away from the experience
I've played mostly guitars with pickgaurds, but if I found one that I wanted without a pickgaurd it wouldn't make or break my decision to buy it.
my first guitar had a pick guard. I thought it was fine. but id hit the pickgaurd... like my newest guitar doesn't have one and my pick has never touched the finish. but i don't really care ive played many guitars with pickguards and a lot without ive never had much of a problem either way.
Quote by Aftter-Forever
pick guards are USELESS!!! why would you not want to scratch the body underneath the strings....its not like when the guitar is old your going to take the pickguard off so that it still looks new...that just takes away from the experience

The idea is that you won't rip through the finish protecting the guitar and expose the wood
Plus, it's cheaper to replace a worn pickguard than to get the finish repaired. Also, it offers more customizing versatility. However, guitars certainly look better without them.
It doesn't really affect my decision to buy or not.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
i would take mine off but there's a bunch of wires and **** connected to it. I prefer not to have a pickguard at all.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
i prefer an Ibanez RG 570 vs. the 770 with pickgaurd , i like to see the wood, arch tops are my favorites and i always take the pickgaurd off LP styles. It just feels like the plastic is stealing some tone.
I prefer with them so I dont scratch the finish but it wouldn't make or break my decision to buy a guitar. On some guitar they look cool on others they look rubbish.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I you rock hard enough, you need a pickguard. thats all i have to say on the subject.
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
pickguards are nice only when they look good on your guitar. I have a cherry red tele and they give u the crappy lookin white guard with it. my uncle got me a red/black tortoise shell guard. it kicks ASS!
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

[img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/Swence32/GREYWOLF_04-MOM-N-BABIES.jpg[/img]