You make it sound like they're sh*T.. have you had a problem with them in the past or something? Did they kill your mother?

Do you have something against Mexicans? (even though MIA Strats are still made by Mexicans)
If you have a problem, PM him.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
I have nothing against MIM strats. I have a juiced MIM with a loaded SSH faceplate from a 2004 American Fender Strat with the S-1 system. It's a great guitar.

I also have a HSH American Strat with Seymour Duncans a three other modded Squier Strats. One with Texas Specials, one with Dimarzio Virtual Vintage pups and the other with American fender pups and electronics. They're all great guitars.

Are you happy now? Enjoy your MIM Strat!
El Codyo if I COULD PM him I would

anyway siciliano you continuously bash the MIM as been crappy.. what gives?
What exactly is stopping you from PMing him? Just curious, since you've stated twice that you can't.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
I'm kinda surprised no one attempted to even open up a PM page to him to find out what the heck I was talking about; he has his PMs turned off
Quote by Rancid_Misfits
this is the most pointless thread ever.

TO YOU

that's in the line of people who reply to someone's thread and say "who cares?"
"the original poster moron! duh!!!"

my interest
so basically. your getting on to him because he prefers the MIA over the MIM. Dude. I prefer the MIA too. Are you gonna give me my own thread?

seriously.
No that's not it at all
I'm sure anyone would prefer an MIA to an MIM. The point is I've seen numerous threads where he's said that he can't believe people would pay $400-500 for a MIM, or that they're crappy. This is just surprising considering how high quality they are and I want to know what his reasons were. If you don't care, who cares right?
oh ok. i get it. my bad. lol.

nah MIMs are badass.

but making a thread is still a tad unnessicary..
Last edited by Rancid_Misfits at Jun 10, 2006,
High end squier > Low end MIM Fender
They're still both great guitars.
im actually thinking about whether or not to buy a MIA over a MIM because of prices.

i want a Fender Strat HH. The American has a S1 system in it to split the pickups. But is it worth the extra money?

i play punk, punk, and punk.
I think you can add a coil split to the pickups pretty easy and cheap. Never tried it myself, I could be wrong.
Yeah I keep debating things like that a lot

Straight MIM vs MIA, if you can find a MIM and you don't care what color it is (I'm vain and want an MIA just for the chrome blue lol) then it's hard to justify.. but yeah.. that HH + S-1 switching, I was just looking at it today, man what versatility. It's like two guitars in one.
Definately enough to push someone over the edge about buying an MIA
Quote by beckyjc
I think you can add a coil split to the pickups pretty easy and cheap. Never tried it myself, I could be wrong.

S-1 switching is built-in coil splitting with many different wiring options like serial/parrallel etc
well TBH, there are three mexican strats my house, and all of them play/sound equal to the MIA fender that I have. For the money they were real tough to beat, but fender just jacked up the price a bit lately... meh.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
well TBH, there are three mexican strats my house, and all of them play/sound equal to the MIA fender that I have. For the money they were real tough to beat, but fender just jacked up the price a bit lately... meh.

you mean on the MIMs?
If what you say about your MIMs is true (assuming they were made before this year) then the price increase was probably worth it. Larger block, med-jumbo frets, increased shielding + a gig bag.
Quote by amazingdm
you mean on the MIMs?
If what you say about your MIMs is true (assuming they were made before this year) then the price increase was probably worth it. Larger block, med-jumbo frets, increased shielding + a gig bag.

Well, I've got a 1990, a 2000 and a 2004 strat. I paid $200 for the 1990(used), $200 for the 2004(new), and $350 for the 2000 strat (new). Only one came with a gig bag.

TBH the tremelo block doesn't concern me, I duno why i'd need a bigger one.

the frets are more preference than anything, but I'd like bigger ones.