Ive been looking around trying to find a new guitar. I dunno what to get though.

my price range is up to a 1000 or a little more. nothing over.

i play punk and hardcore.

its gonna be good clean and can take heavy distortion.

thanks a million.
Get an American Stratocaster HH
two humbuckers, S-1 switching for 10 different pickup combinations
If you play punk get a Mosrite...Johnny Ramone style.

There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by YoungPilgrim
If you play punk get a Mosrite...Johnny Ramone style.

are those any good?
For a thousand bucks, I would go with a VERY nice Schecter like a Hellraiser or one of those new Gibson or Sg models that Gibson is churning out. I think they are like the Goddess and the Menace or somthing like that. Both of those are very nice. High quality too.
I would say a Les Paul. They sound great clean, it has a vintage sound which is good, mostly with the neck pickup. It also sounds great with distortion.
In that case, Schecter C-1 Exotic is a BEAUTIFUL axe, or like a Faded SG. In a way...a little cheaper is better. U can buy more add on stuff like pedals or junk like that.
Punk eh? Id say get a Mosrite like Johnny Ramone. An Epiphone Elitest? A Gibson (Not Epiphone) Les Paul?
Quote by Warhead666
Punk eh? Id say get a Mosrite like Johnny Ramone. An Epiphone Elitest? A Gibson (Not Epiphone) Les Paul?

where would i buy one and how much?
Quote by Rancid_Misfits
what kinda of guitar does Dez from the Misfits play?

according to there new video a fender strat s-s-s,

..btw my first time listening to the misfits, there such dir en grey wanna-bes

EDIT!! it looks like theres anther guitarist with an ibanez RG series
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
hey i wanted to play punk music when i started guitar. i got s***y squier but any way get a cheap gibson les paul. it has a good sound for punk, especialy using the bridge pickup. steve jones used a les paul! but yer look at a les paul i htink it will do the job or a fender strat with a humbucker.
Since when did you need a specific guitar to play punk? Grab whatever guitar you can get your hands on, plug it into a big ass amp, crank said amp, and play till everyone in the crowd is ****ing deaf.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
You should seriously consider a Strat HSS or HH.. is everyone ignorin the S-1 switching??
probably a fat strat with a pickup swap and then focus the rest of the money on upgrading your amp or adding a distortion pedal
Don't buy a Les Paul for under $1000. Either save up and get a good quality one like a Classic or a Standard or get something else. If you find a good quality Les Paul secondhand and in good condition for $1000 or so then go for it, but it's not worth it to get one of the cheaper models. An SG might do the trick, or something a little heavier like an ESP. I don't know what ESPs sound like clean, but they sound great for metal.

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.