Ive been looking at them, and they look really nice. I hear theyre very high quality guitars. The only thing I havnt seen, are prices. Anyone got any info on their pricing? I may look into saving up for one.
umm the least expensive i saw was $1800 & change before tax
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
I have a PRS. i think they're good guitars, albeit expensive. Most range from $2000-$5000. The SE series are their cheaper Korean made guitars.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Yeah they have one liek santana model that is like a little less than a grand but i dont know if they make them anymore. But yeah any decent PRS wont run you any less then 1500. they are amazing guitars but the price is steep. you might could get a decent price used one though.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
dude if your rig consists of an Ibanez GSA60 and a Fender Frontman 15G, you wont be able to afford a real PRS, even a used one. up grade your amp first or if you want to upgrade your guitar, look into Schecter and other Ibanez models.
Quote by lp_dude_2
dude if your rig consists of an Ibanez GSA60 and a Fender Frontman 15G, you wont be able to afford a real PRS, even a used one. up grade your amp first or if you want to upgrade your guitar, look into Schecter and other Ibanez models.

I agree upgrade that amp first. But if you really like the PRS guitars, I would save up my money; and not by an Ibanez or Schecter in the mean time.
Quote by Pansy Frank

The ones you are talking about are the SE models, Korean made. The real PRS guitar are super expensive. The McCarty hollowbody beneath the first two is $4500 at least.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by lp_dude_2

Thats funny, because when I upgraded to my ENGL Powerball I only played a squier.

Why would you say something as ignorant as that?

You can get ahold of PRS' (korean) SE line for 600-1000 USD. For others you'd be starting out around $1,800 all the way up to $5,000 for their more expensive models/tops/features.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Thats funny, because when I upgraded to my ENGL Powerball I only played a squier.

Why would you say something as ignorant as that?

You can get ahold of PRS' (korean) SE line for 600-1000 USD. For others you'd be starting out around $1,800 all the way up to $5,000 for their more expensive models/tops/features.

what did i say that was ignorant? and you have no room to talk, playing a squier through a ENGL, thats just plan stupid. playing a piece of this through an amazing amp.
Quote by lp_dude_2
what did i say that was ignorant? and you have no room to talk, playing a squier through a ENGL, thats just plan stupid. playing a piece of this through an amazing amp.

Haha, **** you. Thats right, why? because you were stupid enough to assume it was some ****-factory squier bullet. The one I have is actually a pretty sweet guitar which quality surpasses that of most every other guitar I tried at the time. Its also mahogany bodied, shaped like an ibanez S-series, loaded with EMG pickups. I failed to mention I've got more gear now (which I bought shortly after)

You can't beat a mahogany bodied OFR and EMG loaded guitar for $475, most of which was pickups

Don't forget my LP standard and my Strat loaded with BKP, either..

Hmmmmm

See? Pretty ignorant if you ask me Thanks for proving my point. Jackass.

EDIT:

Why would you assume he couldn't afford a guitar? thats just stupid, alot of people WORK for their gear, not everyone is twelve years old. Also, why would you say he should upgrade his amp first.. Maybe he had one on the way? Or maybe he didn't want to play around on a cheap guitar anymore. Maybe the squier doesn't suit his playing style, maybe he wants 24 frets, maybe he wants a different radius fretboard or a faster neck. Maybe he wants humbuckers?

Your post is full of assumptions and idiocy. You really should stop to think before you say stupid **** like 'lol u cant afford prs, upgrade ur amp and get a cheap guitar'

wtf? He didn't ask you if you thought he could afford a PRS, he asked how much they cost. "lol n00b more than ur soul is werth" is not an appropreate answer. Thanks for being helpful, dick.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Jun 10, 2006,
yeah im ignorient cause you have a lot more guitar **** then me. yeah that really proves how dumb i am, ass. and you know people are gonna think **** when you say squire, if your squier was so great you should of said something before missleading people.
Quote by lp_dude_2
yeah im ignorient cause you have a lot more guitar **** then me. yeah that really proves how dumb i am, ass. and you know people are gonna think **** when you say squire, if your squier was so great you should of said something before missleading people.

I didn't mislead anyone. I stated I had a squier and I bought an ENGL. That fact is 100% true. You inferred the rest.

I never said anything about my gear making you stupid, once again, you infer that.

You didn't want to ask, you didn't want to understand anything other than what you wanted to see.

Its not my fault you run around like an idiot and make stupid statements. Maybe you oughta ask "Why would you buy an ENGL when you have a squier?" Before you said "LOL U BOUGHT AN ENGL WHY WOULD U WASTE A GUD AMP LIKE THAT WITH A SQUIER LOL IDIOT"

You would look a whole lot smarter that way.

BTW PRS guitars are sexay. Custom 24 ten top whale blue. One of my dream guitars.
He has a Vox Ad30vt if you look at his sig, and it's brand new, so I doubt he wants to upgrade his amp. PRS guitars look damn nice though.
I like those little vox amps, for some reason they're pretty decent for practice. it probably wouldnt sound too shabby with a PRS SE or even a nicer one. you can always upgrade the amp later on, too.

IMO its easier to find your dream amp once you have your dream guitar, cause so much of your tone can depend on the guitar, too.
xxgenocide98xx, dude your a dick and you need your ass kicked. but fine, you wanna be the big knowelgeable **** sucker, go right ahead. im dont with this stupid argument.
Quote by lp_dude_2
xxgenocide98xx, dude your a dick and you need your ass kicked. but fine, you wanna be the big knowelgeable **** sucker, go right ahead. im dont with this stupid argument.

Ok. I win.

I need my ass kicked because some random internet dude is an idiot and doesn't like people pointing it out. Right.
I'm loving this... first one guy is like "lawl newb upgrade your amp first or maybe buy guitars from these random brands"
then the other guy is like "lawl I got a Engl Powerball and played it with a squier"
then "OMFG you are noob haha squeirs suck why would you get such a nice amp and waste it?" (while he's telling the other guy to upgrade his amp when he owns a starter level guitar...)
"no u r noob my squier is teh leetsauce!!!1!!"
"u suck a lot ima kick yo ass"

i'm sorry... it's so funny.
I happen to own one of said vox amps, and they are indeed quite nice, especially for the price. Much better than any Crate or MG. Some people are huge PRS fans, because obviously, they're ridiculously nice. Some people are less fans, not because they aren't good, but because they think it would be better to buy a similarly price full-custom guitar from a luthier. It's all opinion basically. Any custom guitar isn't really going to be any "better" than a PRS, but you will be able to get it more customized to what you want.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.