Hey, my parents ordered me a new guitar for my birthday from Musician's Friend. The package came the other day, and the FedEx box was very damaged. The packaging tape was even already cut. The boxes inside were in perfect condition though. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to open it for another few weeks, so I have no idea what condition the guitar itself is in. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen when ordering from Musician's Friend. Thanks for any help.
nope never happened to me....my stuff has always been good....
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
Quote by FloggingMolly62
Hey, my parents ordered me a new guitar for my birthday from Musician's Friend. The package came the other day, and the FedEx box was very damaged. The packaging tape was even already cut. The boxes inside were in perfect condition though. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to open it for another few weeks, so I have no idea what condition the guitar itself is in. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen when ordering from Musician's Friend. Thanks for any help.

Nope. Everything i've ordered from them has came nicely packaged. (Last time I ordered was a couple year back though)
i think its fed ex, i had a guitar shop ship me a guitar and the box was beat to hell when it got to my house... i was pissed to say the least. but yeah, no more fed ex for me.
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

have your parents check, least if its damaged it can properly be taken care of.
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
Quote by BlinkrOck!
i think its fed ex, i had a guitar shop ship me a guitar and the box was beat to hell when it got to my house... i was pissed to say the least. but yeah, no more fed ex for me.

Did the guitar work fine though?
And yeah, I told my mom to check tomorrow. I doubt she'd know if anything were wrong, but atleast I'll know it's in one piece.
it should come in good shape, because one of my friends ordered a new guitar, and it got sent in from fed ex and the box was all messed up, he thought it was fine but to his dismay the guitars neck had snapped.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
jsut send it back anyway. make those idiots pay
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
yeah I'd have some one give it a quick view make sure it's all in one piece and if you're really worried ship it back that would piss me off
I've only ordered from them twice the first time i didn't even get the guitar i ordered and the secound I got the guitar in within two days in perfect shape!
Yeah, first thing in the morning I'm gonna have one of my parents check for me. I guess I should tell them what it looks like to make sure I got the right thing. The only thing that really bugged me was it looked like someone had already cut all of the packaging tape, which doesn't sound very normal.
Quote by FloggingMolly62

I have also had a Fedex box damaged....inside was a brand new bent cymbal for my drums

i then got my guitar....the box was bad so when the Fedex guy came with it i said...NO...take it back for another

you can do that you know....they send another

only thing i did was called service for Mf.com and they had it shipped UPS instead

I never trusted UPS but now UPS and Fedex seem to have switched places in their handling skills

i always use UPS and USPS now
Damnit, you people were supposed to tell me everything was gonna be all right! What sucks is that for some reason they didn't even knock, they just set it in my garage which was open at the time. So, I didn't even have the chance to talk to them about the damaged box. Oh well, I still have two weeks before I can have it, so if my parents find it damaged I have more than enough time to have a good one shipped.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
Damnit, you people were supposed to tell me everything was gonna be all right! What sucks is that for some reason they didn't even knock, they just set it in my garage which was open at the time. So, I didn't even have the chance to talk to them about the damaged box. Oh well, I still have two weeks before I can have it, so if my parents find it damaged I have more than enough time to have a good one shipped.

well i just got an order in today from them and it was fine....i guess its just who handles the box...

i give it a 50/50 chance of comming out good in the end
There can be a crack creeping up the neck, or even the pickups are gone, or the strings ahve all rusted and looks like acoustic strings
Ask your parents if you can at least inspect it to make sure it isn't messed up.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Gah, I HATE FedEx. UPS for me all the way.
First of all, UPS delivers at 1-2 PM. FedEx delivers at 5-6 PM.

Anyways, 2 months ago I got a guitar ordered from Musician's Friend for my birthday. The box was a little beat up, but the guitar is fine. I wouldn't worry too much.
I had that problem the fedex box was all messed up but the stuff I ordered was in perfect condition its just fedex
Quote by rockman123
I had that problem the fedex box was all messed up but the stuff I ordered was in perfect condition its just fedex

Haha, that's the answer I was looking for.