Page 1 of 2
My fave song is "Ch Ch Check It Out" or whatever. I like the beats, they are really catchy and the lyrics. Unlike 50 Cent, just mindless pimping.
I have but one word to say... GIRLS!!!
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
is anyone else aware that they origionally were a punk band, and made sure that their name had the initials B B because they were huge fans of Bad Brains (who they toured with at one point)... well just some random trivia facts
No Sleep Till Brooklyn is my personal fav though
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Bras Monkey is the greatest hip hop song kown to man.

Right Newxt to She's Crafty. I love the way they sample Led Zeppelin's The Ocean in that song
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Sounds of Science is sweet. I like Alive too. I feel like I just said this in a thread. (edit: Sure enough, yes: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360648&highlight=beastie+boys) (edit: Again, I don't like how they all rap exactly the same and aren't discernable from one another.)
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Quote by forevergonzo
is anyone else aware that they origionally were a punk band, and made sure that their name had the initials B B because they were huge fans of Bad Brains (who they toured with at one point)... well just some random trivia facts
No Sleep Till Brooklyn is my personal fav though

Yeah, they have a few songs (at least two that I know of) from their punk days on the anthology.
i could dance to Intergalactic all night
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
guess where i got my 'mashed potatoes' sig from...
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
Obviousyl Fight For Your Right is something of an anthem, but a tad overplayed these days. No Sleep Til Brooklyn is also a fave of mine. And from the newest CD I liked the one that had the Dead Boys sample. They're pretty up on their punk. I knew the Bad Brains fact as well. Yay me.
I like the lyrics and the energy, but I just don't like their voices. Maybe I'll get used to it with more listening. Don't get me wrong, I love hip-hop, just not the Beastie Boys.
Heart Attack, heart attack man
your lung's r full tar and
your stomach's full of spam

you people need to listen to older albums (other than liscenced to ill) like 'Check your Head' and 'Ill Communication'
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
I'm the King of Boggle
There is none higher
I get 11 points off the word Quagmire

or

What came first the chicken or the egg
I ate the chciken and then i ate his leg

seriously one of the greatest things to happen to music.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Last edited by RHCPhysco8 at Jun 29, 2006,
damn, these guys are one of my favorite groups.

pretty much everything theyve done has been great. it did take me a while to get into To the 5 Boroughs, but now i love it.
not good songs I like to listen to ham in cats eye
Got Bread?

<- ".....Sell Your Computer, Buy A Guitar....." ->
*Looks around the corner were the "Beastie Boys" thread should be, shakes his head, and slowely walks out of Bands & Artists....*
Last edited by Scarlatti at Apr 15, 2007,
Really cool band/group/whatever. Probably my favourite hiphop band and one of the most influential aswell. Too bad they spawned bands like Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park though

Gonna see them this summer.
Quote by Striketalonx
I have but one word to say... GIRLS!!!

Girls to do the dishes.
Girls to clean up my room.
lolz

What do y'all think their best album is?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
*Points to avatar, username*

My favorite Beastie's song is hard to pick, but its probably one of the last few tracks on Paul's Boutique.

There best albums are:
1. Paul's Boutique
2. Check Your Head
3. Licensed to Ill
4. Ill Communication
5. Hello Nasty
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
I like Open Letter to NY, Fight For Your Right, and Sabotage, that's about it.... their voices tend to annoy me. Soz. Mix Master Mike is the shit though.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by beastiebeatles
*Points to avatar, username*

My favorite Beastie's song is hard to pick, but its probably one of the last few tracks on Paul's Boutique.

There best albums are:
1. Paul's Boutique
2. Check Your Head
3. Licensed to Ill
4. Ill Communication
5. Hello Nasty

That is exatly the order. Maybe swap 2 and 3. Licence was my first Beastie's. (I was 10 at the time. God I am fricking old. )
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Quote by Scarlatti
*Looks around the corner were the "Beastie Boys" thread should be, shakes his head, and slowely walks out of Bands & Artists....*

What the hell are u talking about?

New album comes out soon! Yay!

Washington Redskins
^ he's saying that there should be an official beasties boys thread

It looks like the new album will be better the the The In Sound From Way Out

Has anyone one heard Beastie Boys - New York State Of Mind (Mixed By DJ Green Lantern)?
Last edited by Cjay4 at Jun 25, 2007,
Beastie Boys are cool

I knew about their punk roots, they became a rap group after seeing a Public Enemy show. My favorite song's Intergalactic, wit the echo
Quote by Lexicon Devil
Beastie Boys are cool

I knew about their punk roots, they became a rap group after seeing a Public Enemy show. My favorite song's Intergalactic, wit the echo

The became a rap group after someone bet them they couldn't.
Quote by Cjay4
^ he's saying that there should be an official beasties boys thread

It looks like the new album will be better the the The In Sound From Way Out

Has anyone one heard Beastie Boys - New York State Of Mind (Mixed By DJ Green Lantern)?

Does it involve/ sample the Nas song by the same name or are they just 2 seperate songs?

Washington Redskins
I just got License to Ill. It's pretty good. My favorite is Brass Monkey, but that's probably just because I've heard it more than the rest.
Quote by werty22
I just got License to Ill. It's pretty good. My favorite is Brass Monkey, but that's probably just because I've heard it more than the rest.

Whatever you do, don't stop there because although that's a great party album, it dosen't show the Beasties vast musical range and depth and it's just not as good an album as Check your Head and Paul's Boutique.

Washington Redskins
Licensed to Ill is probably the most dated album of the 80's. I can't listen to more then three songs on that album before turning it off.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by DownInAHole.
My favorite is Paul's Boutique.

Same. Everyone who owns the album seems to say that.

Washington Redskins
So far, Ill Communication has been my favourite Beasties album. It's got that quality, retro vibe to it. Perhaps it's the wah-guitars, or the scratchiness of the record as a whole.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

Intergalactic Planetary

Another dimension Another DimensionAnother DimensionAnother DimensionAnother Dimension !!! AnotherDimensionAnother Dimsion!?
so, thoughts on The Mix Up??? i think its pretty good. not amazing, but its definitely a solid album.
INTERGALACTIC PLANATARY FTW but theyre all pretty good
Kido is the name and i like to rhyme
I'll have you ladies playin with your panty line

Quote by LPIndin
that may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever read (next to the bible, of course)
Great group! Has anyone heard The Mix-Up? I bought and I really love it. It's got some groove to it.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I haven't heard it yet but I'll buy it sometime soon
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 2