OK so I have a Marshall vs100(valvestate) combo and a TASCAM 424mkIII and was wondering if there is a way to record direct without a DI box or record without a mic. I don't like the sound of recording my guitar into the 424.I want to get my amp sound recorded.By the by I don't have a pc.
Last edited by LordOfTeMohawks at Jun 10, 2006,
A decent pc based recording software, and a condenser mic maybe. Thats how I get my amp sound on my recordings.
*moved to R+R*
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Um... well you're REALLY limiting yourself here. I guess an alternative would be to try recording into an mp3 player that's capable of such a thing, just watch your levels. No PC, no DI box, no mic, don't wanna use your TASCAM 424, wow.
I should have explained better crazy drummer,I want to record the sound I get when I play through my amp using my 424 but I don't have a di box or a mic.Is there a way to do that?Like connect the two with some patch cables somehow?My setup goes like this Fender Jaguar>EH Big Muff PI>Marshall vs100 combo then possibly>Tascam 424mkIII? I just want to put the sound of my guitar to my pedal to amp onto tape using my 424 (thats my only recorder[no mp3]).Sorry for the bad explanation.Also if I had a di box or a mic I would just use those,my predicament is I don't have those.
Last edited by LordOfTeMohawks at Jun 10, 2006,
If your amp has an output jack, then you can run a cable from it into your Tascam. Other than that, a mic is the only other way.
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
Yea the line out should work.
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
Line out on the amp->line in on the recorder.

A mic will sound better though.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
NOT THE SPEAKER OUTS INTO THE TASCAM. only the line out. even then, youre going to need cab simulation f some sorts, unless the line out on your amp already has it built in and compensated for. seriously, buy a mic.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
a mic would probaly sound more real
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
thanx that pink queen and adammarshall409 thats all I needed know.I'll try it out let you all know how it goes.