Whats so good about a fender strat?

i don't really know much about what guitars are good and what ain't so i'm just asking.

how much does it matter how many pick ups u have,feners only typee seen with 3 pickups

How much does a fender strat cost?

I only Bought y first guitar a few weeks ago
my god the flaming your gonna get
President of "Blink 182 Fan club" club
PM Me to join

Set-up
My very own baby with LED's
GX212 Ultratwin by Behringer
MT-2 boss metal zone pedal
Quote by Bl00dy fingers

i don't really know much about what guitars are good and what ain't so i'm just asking.

how much does it matter how many pick ups u have,feners only typee seen with 3 pickups

I only Bought y first guitar a few weeks ago

More pickups lead to a more versatile guitar. It depends on the type of fender strat for the cost and also what country you live in. BTW, why dont you just put a list of your gear in your sig instead of posting it in every post.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
hahaha......ok, now that I got that out, What are you looking for? New guitar, Info, Spam?
Ibanez SZ 520
Ibanez Rg270 dx
crate Gt200 Tube/Solid Hybrid
Soon to be- Peavey ultra 60 tube head
ClassicAxe-"Jackson doesn't make Soloists so Emo kids can come and sing about slitting their wrists.They make quality guitars."
Quote by Telmob
my god the flaming your gonna get

and this is coming from the blink182 fan club president.............

A strat can range from hunderds of dollars to thousands depending on the model you get. You can check out the prices and models at musiciansfriend.com

Whats so special about them is that they're very versatile guitars, light and are very easy and fun to play because the neck is small. They also have a kick ass sound.

I strongly reccomend em but I would sugest that you go to you local music store and check em out first. Hope that helped
eric clapton=great
eric claption plays fender

fender=great

thats all that needs to be said
if a fender is good enough for eric f u c king clapton, im sure its it good for you
Then just go play one? easy enough
Ibanez SZ 520
Ibanez Rg270 dx
ClassicAxe-"Jackson doesn't make Soloists so Emo kids can come and sing about slitting their wrists.They make quality guitars."
i just bought a fender strat today for $519. it's all worth it the sound is the best ive ever heard and i didnt get the standardstrat check out the deluxe series. mine has the two sets of pickups both grouped together, im pretty sure its a fat strat too.-thats what the reciept sed anyways-
Quote by Knives490
i just bought a fender strat today for $519.mine has the two sets of pickups both grouped together, im pretty sure its a fat strat too.-thats what the reciept sed anyways-
dude, you 're handing out advice and you cannot even tell what kind of pickup's your strat has? Two sets of pickup's grouped together= Humbuckers. Scary.
Ibanez SZ 520
Ibanez Rg270 dx
Quote by the_man101
eric clapton=great
eric claption plays fender

fender=great

thats all that needs to be said
if a fender is good enough for eric f u c king clapton, im sure its it good for you

wow, that's the most useful tip ever, except for one thing THE MAN ISNT CLAPTON. the guitar you choose should suit you, don't just jump on the gear of your heroes. here's some background: strats tend to play very nicely, and because of their pickup configurations, they can produce tones that range from very smooth to bright and edgy.

contrasting it with other guitars: the telecaster has a distinctive twangy sound which can sound very nice, however, the strat can approximate this decently and offer other tonal options that the telecaster does not have. gibson guitars, such as les pauls and sg's, tend to favor the smoother, warmer tone, and compensate for the lack of brightness with higher output pickups that give you a more powerful tone than a strat. still, the strat's tone can approximate this as well, or you can make up for the lessened power with brightness.

tips for buying a strat: i don't recommend the mexican made fender standard strat (the cheapest model). it lacks some of the very nice features of higher end strats that are really worth the money. these features to look for are 1. bigger, highly polished frets for cleaner fretting and better sustain 2. an american-style bridge/tremolo: much more solidly constructed than the "vintage" bridges and heavier for better sustain.

and be sure to try several out, and if a particular one seems odd, ask to play another of the same model, as they can at times be inconsistent, especially the cheap ones. i hate my mexican strat with a passion because of all its quirks, but i love the american, highway 1, and other strats. happy shopping!
Um, go to a guitar store and try one?
Ibanez SZ 520
Ibanez Rg270 dx
i don't really like the design of the headstock,neck and where the input plug is either.
the pick guard makes it look worse aswell.
^ well ok then. why bother posting this at all. i dont understand what you want us to say.

FEnder strats are versatile, they are like a blank canvas. Necks are quite fast and they are great for blues, rock, pretty much anything (heavy metal is more of a problem).

They have been around for 60 years and the USA strats sell for around 1000 pounds.

SO ye, why did you make this thread agen?
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC
Gibson SG Special Faded (Mod)

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
uv'e pretty much said what i wanted to know but u'd think people would go for a guitar that looks good (")(-.-)(")
actually, once you have played for a while and played lots of guitars and learned about their differences and developed a better ear, you will realize big differences in guitars sounds and feel. then you will not just want a guitar for its looks. you will want it for its sound and feel and playability. you are just starting out and dont know much right now. i will not flame you or anything because i was just like you when i started so i understand.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Bl00dy fingers

They have great counters, very comfortable, look great.

They can have just about any pickup combination you want. What's great is that some have the S-1 switching for different settings.
and looks is opinion based so ye people play strats cos they are tone monsters but alot of people love the way the look. i personally love the way they play and i think they look ok. i prefer my gibsons but we all have tastes...
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC
Gibson SG Special Faded (Mod)

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar