I had no idea where to put this so i thought id do it here. How is a cheap way to make a pretty good soundproofing system for my room? My mom already yelled ay me beacuse my amps was on 3, and i really want to play loud! any suggestions? I heard putting blankets on all your walls help or somehting
Whats yoru room's walls made of? is it jsut sheet rock and plywood and some insulation? Are you on an upperfloor? How much money do you haev to spend. Are you capable of major wall modifications?
i wanna know the same thing, my walls are sheet rock, people have told me to just buy that big sponge, and tape it across the walls, because it apparently "soaks up" the sound.....sounds comical dont it?
that'll only really bounce sound around hte room. For true soundproofing your going to want to enclose yourself in a giant cement box, coverup the walsl an celings with highdensity vinyl, add bass traps and maybe soem acoustic tiles to get soem depth in the sound of the room. but to really kill sound your going to want to have a highdensity object to absorbe hte sound and send it straight to the ground, and it will have to be on all walls,s and sealed iwht acoustical sealant. Since sound is only energy, it will absorb into objects when it hits it, as well as deflect, so if yo udo go with the foam eggcartons/sponges you are going to have to make sure all the corners and stuff are sealed that includes putting it on your floor too.

A good semi/professional soundproofing job is generally pretty costly. Since you basically have to make a giant box of material inside of a room, and make it completely sealed with no holes what so ever.

Likewise, jsut getting a buncha eggcartons and stuff and tapign them up will onyl deflect teh sound to otehr places.

Btw, excuse my horrible spelling.
egg cartons old carpets and matresses are your freind

and LOTS of duct tape
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Yeah, carpets, mattresses, and put foam or cardboard all over the walls.
its what metallica did in there garage in San fran

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
hustle n' flow style: mcdonald's cup holders stapled all over your wall and ceiling. my cousin had blankets covering everything in his room; walls, ceiling, floor. this worked pretty good for him.
Yeah.. It depends on what you're sitting on really.

Stuff on the walls only deflects the sound and sends some of it bouncing back into your room.

You need stuff to soak it up, really, Its kinda hard to do that when you'reon a top floor or you're in the middle of a house.

I'm pretty sure your mom would be equally pissed if you started stapling stuff to the wall , ahhaha.
hah yeah all our solutions are beyond the kid i the bedroom wants to play loud his mommy wont let him

(dont worry im in that boat too)lol

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
coevr the walls in wavey curtians
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
well, you could get this aerosol sounded deadning spray from Stinger. Theyre profesinal car audio deadning material. Its leik, u pray iton, it forms over any shape, and when it dries its kinda liked a soft black material lol. Its kidna precey, i think its 10 bucks for a 16oz can. And alswell i think ur mom will be pretty pissed if she walked into your room and it was all cocvered in a black songe type thing. BUT! it will look very grim and metal (taken from metal chef off youtube :P)