hey im looking to get an acoustic guitar with a cutaway for £350. from what i have found there seem to be none wich are not electro acoustic (please link me if you know any). i am fine with getting an electro acoustic as i have pod xt running into the effects loop of a peavey bandit which i ahcieve fantastic otnews with with my electric. however i want an elctr acoustic taht sounds ood unplugged is this airly common and is the case with this guitar which i have my eye on. please give me sme feedback on this gutar and other recommendations http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=168
cheers
god sake in like a day none has said anything on it on such a popular gitarist website. if you dont have any experience with this make or model please offer me alternatives or just general adivce as wether it would be better not to go for electro acoustic as i want to play a bit unpluged? and wat kind of tones i could gte with pod and bandit? cheers
taks a/e's are usually great (from my experience) when plugged in, but i find that the G-series taks lack the richness and fullness in tone when unplugged - their electronics are great as well

going slightly off topic but it might help, the next guitar i plan to buy is the takamine EAN10C, which might be out of your price range, but i found that i liked the tone (plugged and unplugged) better than a few others i tried, with a taylor 214e being one of them

your guitar:
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Takamine/EG_510SC-1.html

i find that the user reviews on that site are VERY helpful, and accurate (i try a lot of the guitars i read reviews about on that site)

:edit: i just looked at the site you provided and it seems that the sides and back are made of nato, there are guitars with better sides and back for the same price
Last edited by breezin at Jun 12, 2006,
Just so you know, Takamine has come out with a new cutaway acoustic that is non-electric, the G340SC.

It is not on their website. I wrote to them about it and replied that it is a new model and will appear on their website soon once the site is updated.

Here's a link to it:

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-TAK-G340SC-NT.html

I'm probably going to get one myself in the very near future.

Peace,
H
oh an that Takamine G340SC Acoustic Guitar u put link to. is that an acoustic with a cutaway an not electro ?!! sounds perfect if a bit cheap do they do a little mroe expesive version?
EDIT: i jsut re read ur post wow looks perfect is there soemthign just a tiny bit more high end?
EDIT EDIT: :P is it available in UK atm?
EDIT EDIT EDIT: ive looked oen other sites such as this an many mention a pre amp surely its not acoustic with a cutawy jsut another acoustic electric or a m i being a spoon :P? http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--TAKG340SC
Last edited by n00blet at Jun 12, 2006,
Quote by n00blet
oh an that Takamine G340SC Acoustic Guitar u put link to. is that an acoustic with a cutaway an not electro ?!! sounds perfect if a bit cheap do they do a little mroe expesive version?
EDIT: i jsut re read ur post wow looks perfect is there soemthign just a tiny bit more high end?
EDIT EDIT: :P is it available in UK atm?
EDIT EDIT EDIT: ive looked oen other sites such as this an many mention a pre amp surely its not acoustic with a cutawy jsut another acoustic electric or a m i being a spoon :P? http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--TAKG340SC
Yeah, it's confusing because some dealers say it comes with a preamp meaning it's acoustic-electric, while other's do not.

I wrote to Takamine and they confirmed that it NOT acoustic-electric but a straight acoustic...

As to its availability in the UK, and if they have higher-end straight acoustics with cutaways, I don't know. I recommend that you write to Takamine at: askus@takamine.com

Surprisingly they responded to my e-mail queries in a couple of days.

Best of luck to you!

H

edit: It is definitely a cutaway!
ye its definately a cutaway i was just confused as to wether it was an elctro. if i cant get it in the uk wat elctro acousics in my price range would u recommend for a good unplugged sound as well. someone up there ^^ said soemthing was bad about it being nato can u or someone please elaborate and explain and what would be a better alternaive?
^-- there's nothing wrong with nato. nato is also known as eastern mohagony. it's true that it is generally found in low-range or mid-range instruments... but as i said, there's nothing wrong with it at all.

regarding takamine's.... if you are ever in question about whether or not a tak in the g series is an acoustic-electric or just an acoustic... look at the model number. if the model number starts with EG then it is an acoustic electric. if it just starts with G then it is an acoustic.

in response to breezin.... i disagree about the tonal qualities of the g series guitars when unplugged. i think that in their respective price ranges, the guitars in takamine's g series rank among the very best in tonal quality.
i suppose i was being a little anal, i had just tried the EAN10C the day i wrote that reply and compared it to a bunch of G-series guitars which couldn't compare at all.. my apologies, the G series do sound great for the price. best bang for the buck
Quote by n00blet
ye its definately a cutaway i was just confused as to wether it was an elctro. if i cant get it in the uk wat elctro acousics in my price range would u recommend for a good unplugged sound as well. someone up there ^^ said soemthing was bad about it being nato can u or someone please elaborate and explain and what would be a better alternaive?
Sorry but I'm a newbie guitarist and wouldn't be able to tell you anything remotely informative about which electro-acoustics to consider.

Jiimtaka is a far better resource, and a friendly one at that.

Also, I believe the Takamine website lists dealers in various countries so you might want to check their site out to see if you can get one in the UK.

Aloha,
H
i've read great reviews about the EG523SC, might wanna try that out too
^-- i actually just got that model guitar except it's the 12 string version about a month ago and i like it alot so far. i have another tak acoustic electric that is a 6 string... it's the eg530ssc and i absolutely love it as well. i just uploaded some videos of me jamming on that 12 string last night if you wanna hear the tone... although the quality of the video is garbage... anyway here's the link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375585

[/shameless attempt at getting more crits]
that video was shot with a digital camera that also takes videos. the sound was just via the little internal microphone on the camera... which is why it's so terrible, haha. the 12 string is an acoustic-electric, but that was played unplugged. it's exactly the same as the gutiar that breezin reccomended, except it's a 12 instead of a 6. well actualyl it's an 11 string right now cause i broke the octave g string but left it off because i've been meaning to learn ocean by john butler.
oh that EG 523SC i relaly dont like the looks but has differnt back and sides http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=9871 .
the cutaway doesnt LOOK as if it offers as much as the 510SC and i prefer the looks of the 510SC but it does have a different back or whatever (see the link above) would this make for a better tone?