Ive got a little dilemma in choosing which i should get. I play mostly old rock such as zeppelin, pink floyd, the kinks or bluesy rock like clapton etc but also am into dream theater , metallica , and other heavy bands. Now im a little confused in which strat i should get because of the pickup config. The humbucker on the fat strat might help the tone for the heavier bands i play making it more versatile. Am i saying right or going in a wrong direction?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Jackson DK2M(Coming Soon)
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Digitech Rp100 Effects Pedal
are fat strats more expensive? i was looking at a standard strat MIM and liked it cause it had a good feel but didnt bother to check for a fat strat.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Definately fat strat. Same price, $400.. great value.

If you do end up with a regular SSS Strat you can solder in a humbucker/change the pickguard without any extra work (maybe a new pot??) though so don't feel too limited.
k thx for the advice guys been a great help later next week ill go to my local guitar store and check a couple of fat strats.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
what you could do if you get teh standard strat and end up wishing you got a Fat Strat is get a hot rail pick up for the bridge. its like slim humbucker. but do what sounds the best to you.
In my research some people have said that it doesn't sound like a real humbucker but a hot single-coil.

but they are already routed for humbuckers at the bridge so if you need to just switch
ok thx ill look into that too because ill def go for the standard strat if i dont find a good feel on the necks of the fat strat.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
If you want to have an Humbucker do not go for the Strat, Single coils at the bridge sounds alot better (IMO)
I think a fat strat may suit your needs better but you could always just get a distortion pedal and have a little more versatility.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Could you recommend any distortion pedals cause maybe my rp100a might not be able to cut it?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories: