Dean guitar

or an epiphone black beauty.

I've tried both. the black beauty was heavier and the middle pickups distrupted my picking. the dean was alot lighter. would it be better if i were to swap the bridge pickup of the dean to emgs or just get the black beauty?
theyre quite different y'know? I dont have much experience with Dean, but from what I've 'heard' (get it), they make a hell of a lotta noise. Like even when you're not playing, but they sound good when you are, for metal fans really. The BB LP is nice, looks nice, but has slightly over the top pups. I would get the Dean, just a little simpler, and balck beauties are relatively expensive aren't they?

JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
there's a 50% sale going on at the guitar shop selling the bb LP. so i would basically be buying either guitar at arnd the same price since the dean isn't on sale.

Help me!!
You should try the Epiphone les paul custom as said above. Or if you want a similar guitar but lighter try a prs tremonti se, the're better than the epi's imo.
Quote by Ignite
Why not get the Epiphone Les Paul Custom? It's the same guitar as the BB except it doesn't have the middle pup, so it wont disrupt your picking.

they don't have it in stock at the moment.
Quote by Pete Griffin
You should try the Epiphone les paul custom as said above. Or if you want a similar guitar but lighter try a prs tremonti se, the're better than the epi's imo.

how abt the dean? anybody has any experience on it?
lower the middle pup on the black beauty, I wasnt impressed with the schenker Vs very good looking for the $ but like you said the epi sells for twice as much new $300 for a new BB is a good deal.
Quote by CustomCustom
lower the middle pup on the black beauty, I wasnt impressed with the schenker Vs very good looking for the $ but like you said the epi sells for twice as much new $300 for a new BB is a good deal.

but its kinda heavy when compared to the dean which was way lighter. would the dean sound awesome if emgs were swapped?

Ps: I play rock and metal.
i have a 15-watt practise amp peavey blazer 158. But i jam on every weekend with my band at jamming studios which have much better amps.
ah ok well

An amplifier makes up80-90% of your tone so id reccomend getting a new amp.

But if ur set on the new guitar get the dean but dont get emg actives they sound horrible without a good amp

Check out this thread i think it would be of great use to you.

Amp and fx thread
i'd recommend the lp, more versatile, but it sounds like you already got your mind set on the dean! so why even ask us?
Quote by cefasnacht
i'd recommend the lp, more versatile, but it sounds like you already got your mind set on the dean! so why even ask us?

im not sure yet though. maybe i'll go the shops again and find out which one suits me better. i've heard quite alot of good things abt the bb LP but im still considering the dean since ive always wanted a flying v. haha.
Quote by nawawa
there's a 50% sale going on at the guitar shop selling the bb LP. so i would basically be buying either guitar at arnd the same price since the dean isn't on sale.

Help me!!

man i wish my guitar shop did a 50% sale...
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.