does anyone know if this is any good?

i saw it for £185 which seemed all right, i just want to know how well it plays etc.

cheers
Good guitar for the price, the ILT1 tremolo is absolute ****e, get it converted into a hardtail perhaps? Also, a change of pickups couldn't hurt.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Well, i own one very similar to it, and it just played fine to me. Mine was made in February 2006 so the hardwares and all are still fresh. Im gonna update about the ILT1 bridge when its 6 months of age but overall i love it.

Need i warn you about the trem, its basically the Ibanez Lo-Trs-II which was later named the ILT1 bridge during mid 2004/2005 - today. And the arm is wobbly as hell, i did a custom job on making it tighter but it wont hold its tightness and i have to keep doing what i do to make it tight. But thats not a problem to me, i like adjusting stuff and whatnot. The wobbliness can also be felt at Ibanez old signature model such as the JEM555 and the PGM30.

ILT1 bridge formula,
ILT1 = Ibanez Lo-Trs-II x routing = OFR routing = OFR swap, therefore it "should" be a direct swap to an OFR. Although pointless, you should save up for better ones.

The frets are medium sized, i suggest you test this out if you're not used to it. And the paintjobs are insanely beautiful (mine, dunno bout the GRG270B, just plain black i think ) . The GRG1 neck is 0.5mm thicker than the Wizard II.

Pickups, what can i say....its total crap and the PSNDs really sound standard as they can possibly be. Nothing special.

My suggestion is that, you save ur cash for an RG321MH or really really save up for a S-Series or RG1570 with decent trem. Up to you...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jun 10, 2006,
The JEM555 and PGM30 are also fitted with ILT1s. RG1570 would be your best bet, although the ZR trem reigns supreme, S-series aren't that expensive either, they would be the perfect guitars IMO if they had 24 frets. Overall, the GRG is fine if youre starting out and aren't a heavy trem user.
Its really pointless to get a floyd rose licenced if you're not using it. The springs will lose its "spunginess" and it'll be ruined and need replacement. Not to mention about the sound and sustain vs. a fixed.

To redaxe, the JEM555 uses the old Lo-TRS-II and not the ILT1, the newer model is equipped with Edge Pro II, which is still ****e and the PGM"3" which i think you see at Ibanez Malaysia site and at bentley music site is equipped with the ILT1, the older ones have Lo-Trs-II and the ILTs on those PGMs have been discontinued by Ibanez World Factory, Korea and Fujigen Gakki, Japan. Even if its made, it'll probably be from China.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I have that guitar, i am riddled with tuning problems, its pretty good 2 play and all but if i was u i would save up and buy a better 1 if i was u
Quote by madpickin03
My suggestion is that, you save ur cash for an RG321MH or really really save up for a S-Series or RG1570 with decent trem. Up to you...

the RG321MH is cheaper than the GRG, i wouldnt need to save up

the s - series 1s sound like theyre good, and look good too, but they cost a good bit more. i dont need a new guitar just yet, ill save up for a while and probly go for somethin like that
i'd say go for the 321mh , cuz i had the grg270b (sold it) and the tuning is ... well...
if u get it, don't change the tuning and don't use the whammy! ( means get the 321mh)
i haven't tried a 321mh yet but i hear it's GOOOOOOOD!!!

member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Member #18 of the team. Pm Gabel to join!
Quote by mouldysandwich
the RG321MH is cheaper than the GRG, i wouldnt need to save up

the s - series 1s sound like theyre good, and look good too, but they cost a good bit more. i dont need a new guitar just yet, ill save up for a while and probly go for somethin like that

What i meant was, save ur cash as in, dont blow it on the GRG and save "up" ur cash for the RG1570
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
270B?never heard of it before...got a pic?what does the B stands for anyway?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Black, its just a plain GRG270 with black as color code. No sharktooth inlay, just dots.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Ah ok madpickin...my mistake. I just realized youre the same guy from the Bentley forums...cool. And the Edge Pro II isn't THAT bad, it can hold its ground against the Edge III atleast, but EDGE PRO =
Well, up to you on what you wanna believe , the bridge is made out of cheap material, knife edges will wear off faster then the Edge Pro or any thats reliable, plus lots have complained about swapping it. Well, no doubt the Edge Pro II > Edge III, but still i wont buy any of those 2.

And yea, Edge Pro is Teh SeX
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Wah,malaysians,hi,im frm malacca,my name's gay-tard-ist in bentley's forum
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
pm here or at bentley's, dont mess up this thread ya
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Meh, you kept meaning the wrong thing......

Yeah it sucks that it has to be an ILT1, no one will buy those if they're experienced Ibanez user. About the JEM555, its the cheap version of JEM, the tree of life inlay is also shrunken to till the 12th fret only. Not much buyers either.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Thats why ignorance can be bliss. Some poser kid can by a JEMJR and think he's right up there with Vai himself, we know it sucks hence we have to save up for a JEM7VW...The swirl design JEMs look the sweetest IMO, the DNA models, those are just...wow...
Yall do relize you can get OFR and do a direct swap of bridge , no routing
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Well duh, read up the 1st page and see my post.

Also it has medium frets, so unless you really like medium frets + OFR + basswood + new pups, then go for it. But i'd seriously just save up and get the RG1570, the woodwork and screws on the GRG270 isnt really promising.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Any Ibanez model that starts with a "G" is a Chinese manufactured model and doesn't live up to the next letters after it (in this case RG). It usually will also say "Gio Ibanez" on the headstock.
Whoa hold there horsie, Gio Chinese manufactured have serial that starts with an A, and there are others which arent made from China, like Korea. Not ALL Gios are made in China, its just that particularly China Factory ships them to Phillipines, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or anywhere around there.

The Japanese also still have Gio Ibanez such as the GRX, GAX, GRX. The GRG121 and GRG170DX (quite popular starter guitar) is also shipped to the US and i believe its made in Korea.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
We have no lives? Ah , having no life in the summer always sucks.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
after seein all those comments i was lookin at an ibanez S470 for £271... its got good reviews on this site (average rating from 10 reviews was 9.6 or something) and was wonderin if that was good value?

also, it says it has jumbo frets. i'm goin to look in local shops and see if theyve got nythin with jumbo frets that i could try, i dont know if i'll find nythin though, does ny1 know if theyd be hard to get used to? (i also play a bit of bass but i'm sure that would be a good bit different)
S470 is awesome, the trems are very reliable, the Ibanez ZR trem. Takes a bit to get used to coz its a Floyd Rose type bridge so if you dont have any experience with one, might be frustrating at 1st, but it'll pay off.

Jumbo frets generally makes fretting more easy, do bends, and vibratos, "almost" feel like a scalloped necks. It allows fast fretting and noting, a lot of shredders use this with combination of low actions.

The body is also good, mahogany built, increase sustain and have darker tone properties. Its not as heavy as you may think coz its very thin.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic