Page 1 of 2
*Moved*
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i <3 bloc party so mcuh. they are the bets band ever. and to answer you question they a post-punk pop
I dislike them. The only song I half-like is Like Eating Glass. They just seem boring to me.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
They sound exactly like Streetlight Manifesto, except

not as good.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
they don't sound a thing like streetlight ^

I like them a lot though for some reason...
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
i bought their album, pretty good i must say, worth it. Not a full album album IMO if you get what i mean, more good for a few tracks.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
i think that bloc party is a mix of indie rock and post-punk. either way they are awesome!
Most of you guys think their post-punk? I think that's a little weird. Many off their songs is like... a little slow, like in normal rock songs... most post-punk is freegin fast!
Quote by Yakult
Why are you talking to yourself? Stay off the drugs
I think theyre a great band

a bit boring now and then

but some of their tracks are top notch tunage.

i cant wait for the new album
Actually, I'm really not that excited for the new album. I doubt their going to do anything new. It's just going to be more tracks that are basically an extension of Silent Alarm.

"Two More Years" is good, but it's just another "Silent Alarm" song really.
i really do like them as well, the album had great staying power and i still like most of it today. People do underestimate how popular the guys are, also they're popular but not darn awful like the kooks or something. Plus they broke america, BONUS POINTS
i like em. Their album dint even release in india. I got it shipped from the uk. it rocked. I would call it their own kind of music with indie and post punk influences.....also some rock ifluences.
like eating glass and she's hearing voices are neat songs.
the modern love owns though.
peace
I just love their name... I wish I would have thought of it first!
Founder of the "It's spelled Lynyrd Skynyrd fan club". PM me to join.

Proud member of the Libertarians R' Us Club
i like them a lot i'm going to see them in early august, so it should be a cool show im excited for it...
Quote by GrungeMetalFan
I just love their name... I wish I would have thought of it first!

So do I for some odd reason...
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
One of my favourite bands. Eva.

In fact I'm seeing them tomorrow with Broken Social Scene. Is anybody else here going?
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
not a big fan at all. but I agree with GrungeMetalFan.

i do like the name
....and if you'll excuse me i was kind of busy getting over you.
Heard a couple of new tracks the other day, 'Uniform' was pretty good but the other one (something about 7.18) was a bit crappy.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^Waiting for the 7.18? It's good. They opened with that song when I saw them on Saturday.

Twas amazing.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by mrFood
They sound exactly like Streetlight Manifesto, except

not as good.

excuse me?
how do they sound a thing like streetlight?
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
Man, about a month ago I couldn't stop listening to This Modern Love, it's now firmly my most favouritist Bloc Party song.

I like them, I think the album tails off horrendously towards the end, and I can't believe they did a remix album after one record (all seemed a bit Linkin Park to me), but besided that the first half of the album was really strong I thought.
im looking forward to hearing bloc party's follow-up ..really because i dont know what to expect from it...i dont think they'll be able to emulate what they done on silent alarm though...i really liked banquet, helicopter and the other singles they released.
SonicYouth1
mofaster....where is this song! i GOTTA hear it. love the bloc...love peaches! i think a remix would blow my mind socket
They're good. The album is good. Pretty catchy. The singer's good a mature voice. I like that. I really do. That turns me on. It really does. I don't like doing this. I'm really bored. I really am. I like dogs. I hate cats. I like killing cats. I really do.
Help?
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
They've got a new album?! Have I been living under a rock or is this a lie? Silent Alarm was soo good... Well the first half was, the second half grew on me though
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
They've got a new album?! Have I been living under a rock or is this a lie? Silent Alarm was soo good... Well the first half was, the second half grew on me though

The second half is really good too, just different. It took me a few listens to begin to appreciate it.
electro-indie

if that exists

ps: have they hell got a new album out. its silent alarm re-released with two more years on.

Can't spell crap without rap
official member of the 'say no to hip-hop' club =]

founding member of the 'i'm in the 8%of teenagers who likes real music' club
pm me or Johnsonville to join
Last edited by *rocknrollqueen at Jul 25, 2006,
man i dont even like the name! i mean why spell block bloc... its all this modern ****:P:P hahaha
i love them really, specially banquet
Quote by HornyUnicorn
Blow on your thumb as hard as you can. See what happens, post results back here.
Quote by Big4
mofaster....where is this song! i GOTTA hear it. love the bloc...love peaches! i think a remix would blow my mind socket

give me your e-mail adress and i'll send it to ya in a jip!
Great band. I never really get tired of "Silent Alarm" I can't wait for their next album.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by *rocknrollqueen

ps: have they hell got a new album out. its silent alarm re-released with two more years on.

Gah, it's so annoying when record companies do that, it's just a easy way of them making a few more bucks. It really cheeses me off that they don't admit that either, they always say things like:

"We really feel that a re-release at this point in time will enable it to reach more people, and spread their [the band's] music to a wider range of people"

Yeah, and my nan's a Paratrooper
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Page 1 of 2