Page 1 of 2
Great doom metal band, and yes, that is how you spell out their name. Transcendence Into The Peripheral is an essential doom album, and I also have Dusk and the Mourning September demo. It's a pity they split up, though.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Christ, you make a lot of threads don't you?

Never really listened to Doom though...
roar
You're on a doom binge here lately ... good fucking band.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Fuck yeah, man. Doom metal might even *gasp* replace death metal as my favorite metal genre!
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Yeah they're cool. I'm not much into doom, but I like these dudes.
Black/Death.
Saw an album in a store once and passed up on it for White2 by Sunn O))). I'm definatly gonna check dISEMBOWELMENT out eventually though.

Oh yeah and thanks for bringing more Doom into the metal forum. I always felt like there wasn't nearly enough.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Yeah, I've been getting into a lot of doom/stoner/sludge metal recently. diSEMBOWELMENT, Electric Wizard, My Dying Bride, and Novembers Doom are my favorites out of the genre so far.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Is the Mourning September demo the same quality as the demo tracks from Dusk? Sound wise I mean.
GREAT band
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Time to resurrect this bad boy....... disembowelment really have been crushing my brain all week. I think its partly the horrendous, tar-like riffs played under insane blasting that makes it such great music. Such a unique band, to mix grind with doom in the way that they have.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I've been really getting into them recently. I'll need to get my hands on Dusk.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
DUN dudududu *squeeeaaal* DUN dudududu *squeaaal*
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Feb 5, 2010,
I got the box set with all their material(and a patch woot!) years ago. Nice to finally see this band getting some appreciation. They just have the most immense atmosphere ever, so huge and crushing but gloomy at the same time. The slow funeral doom esque parts make the fast death metal riffs sound even more furious. I can't stress the importance of this band enough. Funny thing is they never once played live.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

A bird of the ocean perches before me
And lets out a shriek which transcends me back,
Back to where I write..

And the calm breeze continues to enter my peripheral
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I can't tell whether or not I'm having an out of body experience, or if I'm on an extraterrestrial chemical that evokes utter doom and despair.

Brilliance?

EDIT: Yes, this is my first listen.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

What?!

Transcendence Into The Peripheral is legendary. That album belongs on a museum wall.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
It just... I... I never... Well you see....

okay fine, I have no excuses. I'll just have to accept the abuse. Hell I loved that listen so much I just went ahead and paid almost 30 bucks for it.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by VampireGoldfish
What?!

Transcendence Into The Peripheral is legendary. That album belongs on a museum wall.

Hell yes, one of the most perfect albums in my collection.
Damn,they might beat my band in doing a live rendition of The Tree Of Life And Death .diSEMBOWELMENT never played live so i thought it would be so cool.Still the best band though,those glassy clean parts are just mind blowing with the crushing death metal underneath.
Quote by Steve08

Should be very interesting to hear Trial of the Bow-esque parts will the the traditional Disembowelment fare. I hope this goes well.
I think this is gunna be incredible personally.
Quote by Steve08

Gonna go ahead and give this thread a little bump, because I've had this album for a little while and I didn't like it at all. But after giving it another try yesterday...holy **** is all I can say. It's brilliant, absolutely brilliant; definitely gonna be up there in my favourite albums. I'm trying to get my hands on the record.
Excellent bump. I believe it was re-issued a couple of years ago. Honestly, some of the prices on the originals on ebay are pretty rage-worthy.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by kenan6346
Gonna go ahead and give this thread a little bump, because I've had this album for a little while and I didn't like it at all. But after giving it another try yesterday...holy **** is all I can say. It's brilliant, absolutely brilliant; definitely gonna be up there in my favourite albums. I'm trying to get my hands on the record.

Gotta love when that happens!
And yeah the original copies are way too expensive,though my buddy got an original tape for 10-15.Considering he bought a 2 song original Nihilist EP for 80 bucks i'm sure i would of payed a pretty price for any classic diSEMBOWELMENT stuff.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Cianyx
Excellent bump. I believe it was re-issued a couple of years ago. Honestly, some of the prices on the originals on ebay are pretty rage-worthy.

I reckon, I think an original pressing of the CD was going for 100 Euro or something ridiculous like that. No thanks.

Quote by Riffmast
Gotta love when that happens!
And yeah the original copies are way too expensive,though my buddy got an original tape for 10-15.Considering he bought a 2 song original Nihilist EP for 80 bucks i'm sure i would of payed a pretty price for any classic diSEMBOWELMENT stuff.

Pretty solid price for an original, I bet he was happy with that find. I'm looking around for the compilation on record; I've come across a few places, so I'll just have to see if I want to sink a bunch o' money into it. Definitely a great band and great record though, it would be fulfilling to have the physical record - reckon they still get royalties from it?
One of the guys teaches at a local uni here. I could always go and ask him
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Cianyx
One of the guys teaches at a local uni here. I could always go and ask him

Strewth really? I guess it'd be interesting to find out; does he still make and perform music? lol and I'll mail you a record when I find one and you can get him to sign it for me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuYNPadyOug

New-ish D.usk interview/snippet up now. hope the live videos get put up soon.

edit - wahey, found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWSSc5KIMdg&feature=related
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Last edited by Stranglehold at Mar 10, 2011,
ehhh i dunno, that was ok but it really did`nt live up to what i would want from live diSEMBOWELMENT material..The new song is iffy as well.
Quote by Steve08

saw d.USK a couple of weeks back; like new stuff or not was still a great experience; and they played quite a bit of dISEMBOWELMENT material as well - opened with it basically.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Page 1 of 2