Is the contour knob any good?
What is th red dot on the side for?
and anything else you know

thanks
JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
excuse me sir, how stupid do you think i am. Im not some noob asking a dumb question. Do you actually think that I havent looked on jimdunlop.com google guitargeek and harmony central. I am asking on UG because I want more advice from people here. If I wanted links to other sites i would ask for them. Now, anyone else, read first of my posts
--
I love this pedal it is great The contour knob is awesome takes you from sharp to broad wah like its nothing beautiful tone. The Red thing on the side is actually a button it is a Decibel booster from 0 to 16db. Just amazing tone i love the pedal thats really all there is to say. and yes Satch uses it
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I'm pretty sure that Satch uses it. It says so on Dunlop and I'm 80% sure I read a satch interview where he says he uses it.
I was very close to getting it myself but went for the boss pw10 instead at the last minute.
It is a very decent wah though. If I could go back I'd seriously consider switching back to it.
thanks guys, that reassured me alot.
Now: Ive heard lots about people picking up radio signals with it. Wtf? Will this happen?
--
I have never picked up radio stations with mine
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
shielded, like how?
--
wtf are you talking about? 'al foil'? you mean like normal foil? and where exactly do it put it?

JM
--
what guitar? usually on a strat there would be some under the pickguard and on rear routed they would be behind the control cavity cover. but also cables do play a part in shielding aswell
I've got meself my baby: Ibanez Radius

--
So your saying picking up stations is due to the guitar? I always thought it was the wah, because everytime I use my wah I get signals, but when I dont use I never get any signals.
If so damn poorly made 80's guitar's
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
ok on the back of your guitar there should be 2 covers right? well the bottom one take it out and look on the back of the cover

edit: could be cable but it could be the wah when tuned in on a certain frequency picking up the radio station
aha ok, i see, thanks
but are you sure its the guitar?

JM
--
yeah, ok, when i get the pedal i test it out but might look at the cavity before then, thanks

ANyone got any sound samples of the wah?

JM
--
Whats with you and that happy face? It gets really annoying and pisses me off. Im considering getting the 535Q, I got an Original Crybaby and the button underneath that turns it on and off broke, I exchanged it and it broke again! What a hunk of junk. I hope that when I get it, it doesnt brake, otherwise i'll never touch a Jim Dunlop guitar accessory ever again (Exept picks, I swear my life to Tortex's).
My guitar only has one cover on the back for the tremelo springs.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
it says in his sig, but you are kinda jacking my thread, oh well!
and for that guy who dont like happy faces:

so there

JM
--
Yes it does have a pickguard, its a strat copy.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
what is the red thing on the back?
--
Quote by J.MitMetallica
excuse me sir, how stupid do you think i am. Im not some noob asking a dumb question. Do you actually think that I havent looked on jimdunlop.com google guitargeek and harmony central. I am asking on UG because I want more advice from people here. If I wanted links to other sites i would ask for them. Now, anyone else, read first of my posts

Dude wtf. Why are you being a douche bag??? He was helping you. And it is your fault, what you are asking IS a''noob'' question. You asked as if you knew absolutley noting about the pedal.
but anyone who says "Google is your friend" is just asking for it. And no he wasn't cos he wouldn't have been sarcastic and rather rude. And its not a noob question, its a question asking for information.
--
Quote by J.MitMetallica
but anyone who says "Google is your friend" is just asking for it. And no he wasn't cos he wouldn't have been sarcastic and rather rude. And its not a noob question, its a question asking for information.

He was being sincere, he wasn't being sarcastic. You asked like you knew absolutley NOTHING about the pedal. I'm sure he figured you'ed be better off with reading up on it. You are just afraid people will think you are a ''noob''. No one cares man, it's the internet.
I don't know anything about the pedal, or at least I didn't, but I had already 'read up' as you put it, but like I said, I wanted UG's opinion, because often youo can get personal experiences that you don't find in other places.
And if I was afraid of people thinking I was a noob, I wouldn't have started this thread would I? How about you try and tell me what that red thing is, cos it aint in all the pics on the web, rather than criticise me for being annoyed at being patronised
--
I'm not sure what it does. Even though a guess won't help, My guess is it is just like a boost of something like those stupid ''max'' or''extreme'' buttons on some amps that liek just make it go one louder or add some gain or what have you. But I have heard really good things about that pedal.
I think the red thing is a LED to tell you when its on.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Nope, the red thing is a fasel inductor button. It just kinnda kicks up the db's I believe. It's cool, but not totally necessary. I think the only reason to buy one after owning one is to make your own favorite wah sound. I mean... that's all I've used it for and it has all these knobs and stuff...

.... and actually.... an LED would be the tits, but it's only available on the Slash sig. wah
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
^No, the fasel is just always on.

The red thing is a boost button (adds 15db of gain)
Quote by guitarrocka205
Nope, the red thing is a fasel inductor button. It just kinnda kicks up the db's I believe. It's cool, but not totally necessary. I think the only reason to buy one after owning one is to make your own favorite wah sound. I mean... that's all I've used it for and it has all these knobs and stuff...

.... and actually.... an LED would be the tits, but it's only available on the Slash sig. wah

You get a LED on the Dime wah.
ah I see, then how come its not on all the pics then, like its not on this one:

[edit: sorry about the pic, wierd]
--
Quote by Warhead666
Whats with you and that happy face? It gets really annoying and pisses me off. Im considering getting the 535Q, I got an Original Crybaby and the button underneath that turns it on and off broke, I exchanged it and it broke again! What a hunk of junk. I hope that when I get it, it doesnt brake, otherwise i'll never touch a Jim Dunlop guitar accessory ever again (Exept picks, I swear my life to Tortex's).

It's just the Original that's crap. I tried one and it was really shoddy.

Quote by Tarzan_man
You get a LED on the Dime wah.

You get 2
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music