I have a problem, my band have bought a sure pg 58 mic, that has a XLR male output.

Does any one know, if we plug it into a XLR female - 1/4inch male adapter and then into a marshall MG15CDR, will it work?

If you know please help, we have a gig in 2 weeks and without it we wont have any vocals
It is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven

1. My friends turtle peed on me and I didnt even know turtles could pee.

member #20 of the black tooth club
member #72 of the metal militia
It'll work yes, won't sound too good since guitar amps are made to reject low an really high frequencies. Chances are it'll sound "airy" because of the impedance difference. A guitar has an impedance of around 7K-15K Ohms, which means it opposes electricity quite a bit. The pg58 has an impedance of 300Ohms. HUGE difference. We tried doing this at one of my friends' house, it works, but it's not recommended for playing gigs with, maybe just practices.
Usually if you buy an XLR to 1/4" adapter it will have a High and Low impedence switch...at least mine does. But yes, you can get by, but feedback was always an issue for me.
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
Speaking of feedback, are you rooting for the Oilers???
College. ... ? . !!
haha...Last time I looked it was 1-1 in the 3rd quarter.
College. ... ? . !!
You can, but like, good luck with getting it loud enough to be heard over the other instruments without squealing horribly...