Im working on a metal song right now and well Im doing just fine with the writing but Im having some general problems with recording it. First off I started panning my left and right guitar tracks to 70% of the track, now in the intro I have a lead panned to 30% and its seems failry hard to hear the pm parts in to intro becuase of the lead, should I bring the guitars closer in for this or should I rearrange the frequencies to have the lead fit in better? Also in the chorus im doing a type of In Flames rhythm and lead, but the lead at 70% sounds way to far out, but at 40 its fine. Should I just take the main guitar tracks and move them in to around 40% panning or is it possible to have some of the guitar panned farther and closer at certain points in the song (wont that be to noticable)

Also if I want the bass to stick out more in certain parts, is it really noticable if theres say a few more decibals on some freqs for the bass then in other bass parts? Same with guitar? In other words what im trying to ask is if its ok to change the EQ for the instruments through out the song?

Thanks!
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
Its iffy, I dont wana upload any more half songs on dmusic since I can't delete them after. Also I really dont want to be told how to fix the song I just wana know if its possible to do seperate panning and seperate EQing through a song?
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
need more info. What program are you using? I would duplicate the tracks seperate the differen times you need them panned from side to side.
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
Im using audacity but Im double tracking the guitar properly not doubling the one track
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

Quote by gallagher2006

Thats about me