I'm thinking about buying a solid body guitar and painting it glow in the dark.

1) How would I go about doing this?

2) Also are there any other colours I can paint (if I can paint the finish on at all) besides the usual green you see everywhere?

3) Has anyone else done this or can a person supply me with some pictures of a finished or unfinished project?

Thanks in advance.
It's probably possible. If the paint usues the same bases we normally use to paint guitars, then you shoud lprobably be able to apply it like you would with normal paint.

I do think there are different colors as well, I never really looked though.

There's a picture i found from google.
Quote by kaplac
It's probably possible. If the paint usues the same bases we normally use to paint guitars, then you shoud lprobably be able to apply it like you would with normal paint.

I do think there are different colors as well, I never really looked though.

There's a picture i found from google.

cut open a glowstick and put the glow-stick stuff in a bowl and hand paint

i think i never tried before
but i might now
YOU'RE THE MAN NOW, DOG!
Quote by BlackLuster
It was boring after the first 5 goes.

TitHead- Are There Boobs On My Head ?!?
Nicky-Yeah, Big Ones.
^Those work by a chemical reaction when you crack them though don't they, rather than absorbing light? The glow doesn't last for that long either.

Anyway, I found site, it was recommended on a woodworking site but it looks a bit expensive.
DO NOT CUT OPEN A GLOWSTICK! Cyalume (the chemical inside) is extremely toxic and Corrosive.

There are different colours as far as i know.
oops, already have cracked one open before, and yes there are different glow in the dark colrs, pink orange..etc...

best choice is to go to like a hobby model store and ask if they have any, try to get enamel based
Thats a cool idea...it would be cool if you like just painted the screw on the pickguard, or like put dots of glow in the dark paint around the body. So in the dark you get the guitar outline....trippy
Yeah, binding would be cool...but if you didn't want binding you could use like dots of paint i suppose. Kind of like having LEDs around the shape of your guitar body...

Do you think you could paint your self in glow in the dark paint?? omg that would be awesome....
Be careful doing a glow paint tho. I dont know how it is now, but back in the day glow paint makers used uranium to make paint glow, and as we all know uranium is highly radioactive. I think most paint companies now days are mandated to make it safe to use, but some cheaper paints might still be made that way. So just be careful.
Clapton, use your brain, uranium is expensive, how can they use it to make 'cheaper' paint.

You watch too much The Simpsons, uranium doesn't glow by itself, idiot.
obviously most companies have mandated to make it safe, cheaper paints? you are crazy.
Glow in the dark fret inlays The binding would look nice as hell if it glowed and your on stage playing something in the complete dark.
Quote by haveaniceday233
no im not the typical kind of guy who wants to play fall out boy and all that shi*t its pretty gay so no i wouldnt sell out

Quote by hardrock1315
Yeah, selling out totally changes your sexual preference.
Actually uranium isnt that expensive. Plutonium is tho. And its not from the Simpson, look it up. Old watch companies used to use uranium based paint on luminescent dials. And those dials werent on expensive watches and clocks. And some of those companies that used it then are still around today. And some are out of the US where US mandates dont apply. People can get it now pretty easy, thanks to the wonderful Internet.