Like, at what level of Volume and master volume to get that nice.. smooth bluesy sound. (On the clean channel) and thicker distortion on the Overdrive (in general)

This isn't really a settings thread IMHO, as I am primarily asking where the point where the tubes begin breaking up is (in general, I know every amp is slightly different)
I don't really think there is a way to give a general idea.

Each and ever amp is not slightly different...they are very different.

My dual recto clean channel volume (gigging level) is all the way up at 5 o'clock, with the master at about 9-12 0'clock (depending on the place), and it stays clean....it is almost at the territory of breakup....you can start to slightly hear it when you really start strumming hard! I love it!

But it is very different for each amp. Wattage, headroom, it all depends.
yea, a 5w epi valve junior will break up at liek, volunme half, but a jcm 900 will break up on thr clean maybe at 3/4? depends on tubes, wattage, settings, gimem the name and wattage of the amp ur tlaking about and then maybe we can help
dood i cant get my peavey to break up at all on the clean? do i need to crank it more?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
well if an amp has 2 channels, i prefer the clean to be clean all teh way. and if i want only a tiny bit of overdrive then i switch to the dirsty channel with gain at one. if you realyl want ur valve king to breakup on clean then just crank that sucker
depends on the amp. my fender hotrod deville will start to break at around 5 or 6 out of 12.
Quote by charvel_man

I am buying you an e-beer HomerHitter *Buys*
it really depends on your amp. Mine doesn't break up (in pentode mode) until it's really friggen cranked. like at about 10. In technical terms this is "really fuckin' loud". Like wallshaking loud...

I mean, the power tubes start working about 5, but that only sort of adds a wash of tubey-warmthy-goodness. It's still clean. And even at 10, by picking softer, the clean stays clean. Even at 10, I have to really dig in. And when I do, you're talking ac/dc crunch, nothing more (on the clean channel). Sounds awesome though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That the erm.. savage? Cool... Thing I love about this new amp of mine is exactly that.. at about... 5 on Volume and Master volume it gets super crystal clean, and if I rape the strings it gets all happy and crunchy.. seems I found it..
^ savage se.

sounds like you've found it, lol.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?