Ive read about them on Harmony Central and I've seen a video on them displaying what it can do... It looks amazing but can anyone here give me some advice on whether or not to get it? I want advice straight from peopel cos most of the time on Harmony Central, I don't agree with it..
its great..there is so much that i cant type all of it...but the only thing about it...is that is u are just going to be using a couple of effects then go to single pedals...but if u will use a lot of the features, its intense!
I own the GT-8 and it is one hell of a multi-effect unit to own and use. If you have the money, then definately go for it, but remember that patience will be a big factor when it comes to like learning how to use it and getting your desires tones. I know, cos i've had it for like 2-3 months now and i really just stumbled upon a really good metal tone. So, yeah if you have the patience and money of course, then look no further.

what kind of guitar and amp do you have btw?
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
Quote by enjoieverything
its great..there is so much that i cant type all of it...but the only thing about it...is that is u are just going to be using a couple of effects then go to single pedals...but if u will use a lot of the features, its intense!

Would it be possible for you to record some sound clips and host them please?
No offence, but wouldn't it be better to get a better amp first? An expensive multi-effects tool won't mask crap tone, and it will be a little excessive for practice. Personally, I'd only look into effects in that price range if I did mainly studio work, or had an all TUBE amp... which I do
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Yeah... I'm gettin a 6505 head and Mesa Recto sandard cab... Well either that ro the combo =P

Right now I'm just askin ahead of time.
U can just hook up ur GT-8 to a speaker, and it will still sound amazing.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I used to have GT8 but like enjoieverything said it only works if you need all of those effects. I found trading it in and gettting better single effects in worked better.
with a gt-8 u dont need a good amp, you dont even need an amp, just a power amp and some speakers... it creates the tone, not masks it.
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson RR1
ESP Eclipse w/EMG Z.W.set
----
Boss GT-8
Digitech Whammy
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
----
Marshall AVT Stack
Crate PowerBlock - used for DI'ing
Stop spamming the same thread over in different names.

Edit: Ignore that.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Hi, i was just wondering if it would be possible to plug the GT-8 into the inputs of a Power Amp (left and right so its stereo) and then just play thru the speakers and use the GT-8 as the preamp? also if i cranked a 800watt power amp thru 2 250watt speakers, theyd blow surely? cheers.
You don't necessarily need a good amp for the GT-8 because it has models. Though its not going to be good as the real amps because of the fact that it has different amp models, effects, etc.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by jimbob78
No offence, but wouldn't it be better to get a better amp first? An expensive multi-effects tool won't mask crap tone, and it will be a little excessive for practice. Personally, I'd only look into effects in that price range if I did mainly studio work, or had an all TUBE amp... which I do

It's the best practice unit you can get. For hobbyists, the Boss GT-8 is the holy grail of practice equipment. O.o

Easy to record with, has a headphones jack, has a **** load of amp/cab models, enough effects to go around between everyone in a band twice, it's portable, having presets is SO handy, you don't have to keep dialing in tones (Which can be annoying), used it goes cheap (300-350), plus, all you need is a nice set of computer speakers for setup that will kick some serious ass.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

hey well ive got a line 6 spider2 and a little cube 15, but then i got sum really old washburn thing thats from god knows when, and then sum carlsbro speakers and a carlsbro power amp and mixer.
Quote by jimbob78

yea~better get a nicer guitar/amp
Just out of curiosity, can you bypass the modelling on the gt8? I want a really flexible multi effects unit, but I don't wanna kill my tone by using the models.

Cheers

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Why the hell is my old-ass thread back up in the top of the forum?

xD

Earlier in this thread I said I was getting a 6505 wiht a Recto cab. I was dreaming a tad there.
lol... anyways... could someone please answer my question about bypassing the modelling?

Cheers

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86

Quote by Bubban

Quote by jimbob78
lol... anyways... could someone please answer my question about bypassing the modelling?

Cheers

Jimbob78

I don't have one, but I'm definitely sure theres a button that can do it. Check out the boss website. Not the .com.. that one sucks. But the http://www.bosscorp.co.jp website

Much better for info...
Cheers... appreciate it
Quote by Skraeling86

Quote by Bubban

Try it before you buy it... I had a PODXT Live that I ended up selling in favor of single effect pedals because it always sounded and felt slightly digital.
I go to www.bossgtcentral.com for my GT-8 needs.

Heres a link to one of the forums which has patches. There are some other patches in the downloads section as well.

The patches will be in .syx format, so you will need to go here to be able to read them.
(However, with the site with the syx reader, you'll need to close it out after each time you read a syx file. If you don't, it will keep all the settings from the previous file) Also be sure to click the "Active Settings" button, it will make everything easier to read.

Or you could just go out and buy a MIDI cable and plug it into your GT-8 and PC, and it will transfer it do an auto transfer from your PC to GT-8 without having to configure all the settings yourself
Hey guys I'm a fresman here, just signed up..

Iwas able to download the GT-8 patches, really great! tnx. Now problem is I cannot transfer those to my GT-8. I bought UA-1EX usb interface and RCA cables. but its not working... I already have the GT-8 Master editor and GT-8Fx Floor Board... Can somebody help on this please?

Thanks/=):
Do I have the right Stuff (UA-1EX and Rca cables) in the first place?
If these are wrong, please tell me the right one to buy... Tnx=):
GT-8 distortion is inferior to a real amps distortion. I just use my GT-8 for band practise, don't want to lug around my Blackmore.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Apr 25, 2009,
Hey guys I'm a freshman here, just signed up..

Iwas able to download the GT-8 patches, really great! tnx. Now my problem is I cannot transfer those patches to my GT-8. I bought UA-1EX usb interface and RCA cables. but its not working... I already have the GT-8 Master editor and GT-8Fx Floor Board... Can somebody help me on this pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease??

Do I have the right stuff(UA-1EX and Rca cables) in the first place??

Please help me on this......

Thanks/=):
Quote by neverquit
Hey guys I'm a freshman here, just signed up..

Iwas able to download the GT-8 patches, really great! tnx. Now my problem is I cannot transfer those patches to my GT-8. I bought UA-1EX usb interface and RCA cables. but its not working... I already have the GT-8 Master editor and GT-8Fx Floor Board... Can somebody help me on this pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease??

Do I have the right stuff(UA-1EX and Rca cables) in the first place??

Please help me on this......

Thanks/=):

seriously create a new thread instead of bumping up a 3 year old dead thread!