Page 1 of 2
anyone kno of any other bands similar to muse with heavy distortion at times with sick electric piano and amazing vocals? dont say radiohead.
Theres no one like muse.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
they dont really sound like radiohead that much, the biggest similarity between them is probably matt bellamys singing voice with thom yorkes. but they are pretty original.
Muse aren't really that original.

Oh, and Muse sound like Depeche Mode and U2.

...what? Listen to Map of the Problematique and Starlight.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
to hell with sounding like U2!they dont in a million years !
Muse!Anti-disestablishmentarianist by heart!!!!
Quote by Marsian
to hell with sounding like U2!they dont in a million years !

I know what I'm talking about. You haven't heard Starlight, the only U2ey song.
Last edited by Glen_Hansard at Jun 11, 2006,
I'm with Marsian on this one.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
I'm with Marsian on this one.

I'm not saying that ever song sounds like U2, but U2 and The Strokes were a influence for Starlight. They wanted to make a Strokes-like song, and it turned out to sound like U2 aswell.
what is 50hz , and if u think they are like radio head, post some of radioheads similar songs thanks.
Muse do not sound like anyone. The Radiohead comparisons are stupid. Just because Matt and Thom are both from the UK and they both have high singing voices ( at times ) does NOT mean one sounds like the other.
Besides, I've heard 2 Radiohead albums and it's clear to me that they don't know how to rock like Muse does. Radiohead is very mellow whereas Muse can rock your ass off. Don't get me wrong, Radiohead is a great band, but they're not a hard rocking band while Muse is.
Just because Muse has one U2 like song doesn't mean they sound like them and the same for Depeche Mode.
Fury- Breathe in deep, and cleanse away our sins
And we'll pray that there's no God
To punish us, and make a fuss

Chalking up the frequent loser miles day by day.
Quote by ruvard
what is 50hz , and if u think they are like radio head, post some of radioheads similar songs thanks.

www.50hertz.co.uk

FleaBuc, I only said about Depeche Mode and U2 because it sounds silly but two sounds do sound like them.

Oh, and I love Muse. I'm, if I may say, probably their biggest fan on here and I say

SHOWBIZ HAS LOTS OF RADIOHEAD-ESQUE QUALITYS

and if you like Muse, you like Radiohead.
Showbiz and The Bends sound kind of similair. I can't see how you can take any comparisons further than that. Comparing Absolution to Amnesiac is like comparing a brick to a hot dog.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Didn't they both have similar production teams?

And the only vocal symmetry i get is matt and thom both use falsetto frequently and well.
I have an idea they had the same producer, but I'm totally unsure as to wether thats true.
Quote by its_alive

Quote by ErnieBallfists
Rich, you're right that Muse fans will like Radiohead. i love them
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
You took the words right out of my mouth
Oh and I swear it's true, I was just about to say-ay I love you

(Looooooove yooooou)

John Leckie also did a bit of OOS
Quote by Glen_Hansard
Oh, and I love Muse. I'm, if I may say, probably their biggest fan on here and I say.

He's not lying.......

I heard Radiohead before Muse. and immedietely thought they were similar. They're both brilliant, some tracks are similar, some are completely different.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
He's not lying.......

I heard Radiohead before Muse. and immedietely thought they were similar. They're both brilliant, some tracks are similar, some are completely different.

Only OKC/Bends era Radiohead sounds like Muse. I just listened to I Am a Wicked Child, Where Bluebirds Fly and 2+2=5(I Com Lag) and it sounds nothing like Muse.
I only noticed that Muse sound like Radiohead after listening to Ok Computer then Showbiz.
my bro rekons muse copied radiohead hes nuts tho no band sounds like muse coz they ARE WIKEDLY WIKED
i'm seeing muse in a couple of days time!

Glen_Hansard, i dont think starlight doesnt sound like a U2 song. maybe the verse a little bit, but the guitar and bass have very different sounds compared to U2, and the chorus is way heavier than any U2 song.

and radiohead was muse's biggest influence, you can hear it in the guitar and singing of showbiz, they are very uniqe these days though.

and in terms of finding bands that sound like muse radiohead is all i can think of that come close. but in terms of emotion and diversity in sounds, maybe try the smashing pumpkins (dont pay me out, lol, i know they are very different sound-wise... but muse and smashing pumpkins are pretty much my top 2 favourite bands)
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Rich, you're right that Muse fans will like Radiohead. i love them

Can't stand Radiohead, personally.

Exception that proves the rule or something like that, eh?

I can see Muse fans liking Biffy Clyro's new album, Puzzle.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Can't stand Radiohead, personally.

Exception that proves the rule or something like that, eh?

I can see Muse fans liking Biffy Clyro's new album, Puzzle.

It is a brilliant album, you guessed correctly :P
Quote by its_alive

Quote by ErnieBallfists
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=35884178

Band called Khoma from Sweden. They are different sounding than Muse, but do show some Muse influence. Got their album and it is the best debut album i have heard and one of the best albums i have ever heard. They have emotive vocals, some piano (songs on their profile don't really show this though), and great use of effects/arrangements in songs.
It's gonna be a blue day
^Wow, they're great.

I should get that album.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
A part in Paranoid Android sounds almost identical as Matts voice. Not all Radiohead songs sound the same as Muse. To me, Muse are a lot heavier and harder. I think they are both great bands, but Radiohead is the furthest similarity you will get to Muse, that's what's so great about them. They're different.

And I agree that if you're a fan of Muse you're more likely to be a fan of Radiohead too.
But that's not always the case.
Not sure why, but the first time I heard Knights of Cydonia on the radio, I thought of Iron Maiden. It's probably the drumming.

Check out Powerslave, it's like horse hooves.
Quote by steve2603
A part in Paranoid Android sounds almost identical as Matts voice. Not all Radiohead songs sound the same as Muse. To me, Muse are a lot heavier and harder. I think they are both great bands, but Radiohead is the furthest similarity you will get to Muse, that's what's so great about them. They're different.

And I agree that if you're a fan of Muse you're more likely to be a fan of Radiohead too.
But that's not always the case.

The thing about comments like this is that Radiohead were around first making Muse sound like them and not the other way round.

Muse formed in 97 and OK computer was released in 97.

I will agree that Muse's music is more aggressive but i don't really like Muse that much due to Bellamys singing voice which i don't think sounds like Yorkes. Bellamys voice gets really whiny and high when he goes into these harmonising sort of parts which are totally unnecessary.

Bottom line is Muse and Radiohead are different. Though i would say Radiohead are a better band, they have made better albums, better music which is alot more diverse than Muses.
Quote by rich_sg
It is a brilliant album, you guessed correctly :P

All their albums are brilliant. Blackened Sky or Puzzle are a good place ot start, but vertigo Of Bliss is their best one IMO.

'Mon the Biffy!
Quote by str84ever
Bottom line is Muse and Radiohead are different. Though i would say Radiohead are a better band, they have made better albums, better music which is alot more diverse than Muses.

Wrong.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by red157
He was quite right actually.

No, he wasn't. I still like Radiohead but Muse beat them in every way possible.
<//////>~
Last edited by myself101 at Dec 12, 2007,
Quote by myself101
No, he wasn't. I still like Radiohead but Muse beat them in every way possible.

Besides 'being rockier' as my friend put it, name a few? As I think they've got better albums, a better vocalist, better band in general.
Page 1 of 2