Page 1 of 2
It hit me straight in the balls today when a friend, who doesnt know anything about guitar, made a song (impossible to play) from guitar pro. And although RSE sucks now, imagine a world where those sounds are actually realisitic, and you dont have to learn and put your sweat and blood into making and playing music. where any jackass can buy some software and create well, crappy music.without even TOUCHING say a guitar.the mainstream wont notice as long as its catchy. think techno, but not so annoying but rock or something. im really tired from the reef cleaning project today and dont know what else to say cept.
Manufactured music and synth sounds scare me
Discuss
I agree completely. I would hate to see the emotion of the guitar dissapear.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
But what about live shows? Someone would have to have the skill to play the songs that were created.

We don't have anything to worry about. Not in our lifetimes, at least.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
I really don't give a damn how it's made. The most important skill in music is the ability to write attractive, catchy and intersting music which will still be equally as hard to do with computer programs.
Sounds like it would make a great video game.
Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!
In the rays of the sun I'am longing for the darkness
Funny Canadians : Brandon860, Bodom & Scourge
Leader of the I boobs club
Yeah but... that'd never happen lol

The guitar will never be replaced \m/
My God, it's full of stars!
I think its already happening unfortunately.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
This stuff has already been going on for awhile.

Don't worry about it........there will always be a demand for people actually playing an instrument.
thing is, synth music doesnt have soul in it at all. compare, lets say, any U2 song and Keanes synth song, Is it any Wonder. its a lot easier to find the soul and passion in a U2 song than Keanes song. it just doesnt sound authentic.

someone should invent a new rock instrument though. that would be interesting.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
thats a scary thought, and a good point

alot of rap is like that, just beats made atrifically backing the rapping
the hard part is actually writing the music, so it doesnt matter how you get the realisation. people can play them at a live show. preteneindg to play and lip yscning do not count as a LIVE show lol
Nothing can replace guitar. Ever.

This ****ty rap music is only making guitar more and more popular because people are starting to not cares so much about "gettin' Krunk in da Club".
Synth music can be amazing, but I have to agree. It will be a sad day when the next great album is made on a computer.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by TheGospelOfRob

This ****ty rap music is only making guitar more and more popular because people are starting to not cares so much about "gettin' Krunk in da Club".

isnt that the truth, about 2 years ago, i was REALLY into rap, like alot, and that was all i listened to, but now i play the guitar for over a year, and i like classic rock, metal rock, 80's rock (almost the same as metal rock) 90's grunge rock, 90's pop rock, yes i will say i like some pop rock, and new bands that are coming out today
Quote by TheGospelOfRob

I've said it before, and will say it again.

A lot of underground MC's and Bboys are totally against mainstream rap nowadays. If a bboy sees another bboy dancing to 50 Cent, they'll be laughed at. There is so much good hiphop and rap. But a lot of people stray away from rap and hiphop because of how ****ty they display it on their videos with their damn cars and money and hookers. Writing GOOD lyrics for a rap song is not as simple as it may seem. Especially in a battle where people come up with stuff that lasts for at least 30 seconds without hesitating. I'd like to see you improvise some nice stuff like that.

Now I aint trying to bring you down or anything, I respect your opinion, but at least try to post some constructive criticism as to why rap music sucks so much in your opinion.
Quote by Bodom
Sounds like it would make a great video game.

Never heard of 'Music' for the PlayStation?

That must have come out more than 6 years ago and it let you do all kinds of stuff making songs from sample and making up your own things and random crap
^ I agree... I admit to liking Eminem a whole lot. He's got some funny ****. The Michael Jackson bashing song was classic. He also has some serious songs that mean something (Lose Yourself, and that song about his obssessed fan. Oh, and Toy Soldiers). But then he also has song's about raping bitches and choking hoes, so I don't know.
Quote by Inahrima
Please dont shift the topic to why rap doesnt suck

discuss on

even if the guitar dies, atleast wont

Well, I'm sorry, but it just pisses me off if another little asshat comes over and says rap sucks without posting any reason why.

I dont think guitar will ever die. As said earlier, even if it is possible for someone to make songs with a program, its still gonna take skill to write that stuff.
Quote by Jehuty
Well, I'm sorry, but it just pisses me off if another little asshat comes over and says rap sucks without posting any reason why.

I dont think guitar will ever die. As said earlier, even if it is possible for someone to make songs with a program, its still gonna take skill to write that stuff.

I figured that it was a given that rap sucked. I guess you want proof.

"Some Cut"

[Chorus]
What it is hoe, ah what's up (what's up)
Can a nigga get in them guts (them guts)
Cut you up like you ain't been cut (been cut)
Show your ass how to really catch a nut (oh yeah yeah)
Well give me you number and I'll call (I'll call)
And I'll follow that ass in the mall (in the mall)
Take you home, let you juggle my balls (my balls)
While I'm beatin and tearin down your walls (oh yeah)

[Verse One]
This your boy Mr. Funkadelic, what's the business baby
I've been eyeing you all day in the mall miss lady
You looking good, I think I seen your ass in the hood
With your friends dressed up, trying to front if you could
But anyway, gone and drop a number or something
So I can call you later on,on your phone or something
Take you home, and maybe we could bone or something
It's no limits to what we do,cause tonight we cutting, gut busting
I'm digging in your walls something viscious
With your legs to the ceiling, catch a nut someting serious
You delirious,or might I say you taste so delicious
With your pretty brown skin, like Almond Joys and Kisses
And you ah certified head doctor
Number one staller that takes dick in the ass and won't holler
Bend you over and I"ll follow you straight to the room
Where it goes down lovely in the Leagon of Doom

[Chorus]

[Verse Two]
****, you know the deal before a nigga even stepped
Damn that ass hot, seems like it's gone melt
You know I give it to you til you run out of breathe
Then bust a nut all over yourself
The first time I called, you were juggling on my balls
In and out of your jaws, I was beating down your walls
Had your ass breaking laws for a player was the cause
And every time you seen a G you was slipping off your drawers, I recall
I met your ass at the mall, in the fall
You the one with the dress on, let me take you home
Show your ass how to buss a nut, up in the guts
Cut you up like you ain't been cut
From the back (back) then to the side (side) to the front
Turn around, you down to ride
I smack them thighs, anyway that you want me
So gone see about a pimp and that monkey
And that's fo' sho'

[Chorus]

[Verse Three]
What's the buiseness baby, can I get in them drawes
I like the way your hands rub against my balls
Cause you the one, a nigga met at south dekalb mall
With your pretty brown skin, thick thighs and all
135 petite, and your smell is unique
Maybe we can exchange numbers and hook up in the week
Oh, You a freak, I knew it from the first time I saw you
The way you played with your tongue, I knew right then I would call you
So what it is, they call me Super Don from the ville
And I'ma tell you like this, cause a nigga so real, and stay trill
Cause all I wanna do is just drill, with that ass in the air, and the pussy I kill
And I feel, you love to **** up on a hill
Suck dick from behind, and take nut in your grill
So bitch chill, and shut your mouth just for a second
While I lay this dick down on you just like I'm Teddy

[Chorus]
The guitar is a very versatile instrument that will always continue to be a great way to express emotion directly. Just because people are making music in another way doesn't mean the guitar will disappear.

In case you didn't know, electronic music has been around for more than half a century. People like Edgard Varese were doing it as early as the 1940s: the same period that the electric guitar was invented. That was very experimental avant-garde stuff though... but synths have been mainstream instruments for a few decades.
^^ You sir, are a ****. **** you.

A decent conversation? That dude said he wanted proof, so I gave him proof.

And what did you say in the report? "That there silly guy said that rap music was dumb. I think you should ban him".
That would indeed be sad. But in case of rap it is somewhat happening , while I will not credit most rappers I honestly think artists like Lil' Jon ( yes sadly him ) deserve credit for putting the beats together. It is alot harder then one would think to create a catchy beat and hook. Trust me , I used to be into it with me and my friend like 4-5 years ago , making beats is VERY hard. While the lyrical content is just downright sad , production of beats is at least some what respectable.

Back to the original question , yea that would be horrible. Nothing can replace a good guitar player , once we get another joe perry , slash , page alot will change. Im not saying there isnt good guitarist out there but let's face it john petrucci is just not going to be accepted by the media , same with yngie or satch. We need a a player with an image , style and sound. Then all this stuff will change.
Quote by TheGospelOfRob
I figured that it was a given that rap sucked. I guess you want proof.

I'm sure that is the rap equivelant of posting Slipknot lyrics and saying this is why metal sucks

^Post some good rap lyrics then...

If you read my post earlier, you will see that I have respect for some rappers... But the vast majority or rap is ****.
Slipknot is not metal so no.

He was merely showing look at the lyrics of it , i mean really? It;s moronic , im not sure how you are offended by this? What you say

" User gave lyrical proof of rap sucking....."
People are stupid.
Remember ppl, whatever little "FAD" comes around, there will always be the REAL people... like some of the people on this site. The people who belive in real music. And because of us, the beauty of music can never die.
People think im insane becuase i am frowning all the time.
----------------

Member of the Radiohead Fan Club
Last edited by batiosilver08 at Jun 10, 2006,
I know they aren't, so? They have sucky lyrics

So that means every single other band in the related genre must just plain suck as well

I won't post any lyrics because I don't know any, i'm not a big rap listener

I don't think it sucks though, i'm sure the majority of what people hear is the rap equivelants of rock bands like Green Day...the bland rubbish thats popular

Quote by SilentDeftone
^ So? The majority of any genre is crap.

-SD

Exactly which is why alot of rappers think green day or slipknot is "real" rock and we think that eminem is "real" rap.
Quote by Dreadnought
Yeah but... that'd never happen lol

The guitar will never be replaced \m/

It's still the most popular instrument, but it's no longer in use the same way it used to be. Hip-hop guitar is usually crap, so thank god there's not much of it. Maybe in the distant future we'll all be playing.......ukuleles? ARGH!!!!

As for the real rock thing, I've heard a lot of people at school say "Of course I listen to rock! I like Slipknot and Green Day". That pisses me off.

I don't care if it's rock or not, I just wish music was good for once. And I haven't heard new good music in quite some time.
Quote by SilentDeftone
^ So? The majority of any genre is crap.

-SD

I wouldn't go so far as to say that... Most good ole rock and roll is great. Now, I mean rock and roll. Hair bands don't count. I mean good classic stuff like Skynyrd, Rush, Zep, Pink Floyd... All that 70's stuff was awesome.
the future of music

music at the moment is in a funny situation when it comes to opposites. in a culture obsessed with rap music, the majority of people listen to what they here on mtv bass, or whatever **** tv station is playing 'G - music' its all very simple, drums and a keyboard, rhymes about 'blunts + bitches' and being in the hood. theres the argument about rap culture and its influences, but thats another story. the opposite of this is metal. its loud and complex, complicated guitar parts with high speed drums with screamed vocals of peoples ACTUAL PROBLEMS. this is a very stereotypical overview of the current state of populat music, but its fairly accurate.

But where is it all going to go? well, i think the 2 are going to repel and attract at the same time, so hiphop music will become more image concious and become more a capella than before, with metal music becoming almost orchestoral in its complexity, and will layer complex guitars more than ever thought possible. on the other hand, i can see the 2 merging in some way, with 'intelligent music' starting to become an influence of rap music. for example 'plan B' is a very original rapper who rhymes over acoustic guitar, and is a very popular artist by both indie and rap fans. england is currently under a 'grime phenomenon' [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grime for those not in the know]. i believe that this shows there is room for experimental, original rap music, as well as guitar based music which you all know of.
yea I could see that orrrrrrrrrr we just bring back good ole rock n roll! Attitude, Style , Raw , Dirty rock n roll.
Quote by TheGospelOfRob
I wouldn't go so far as to say that... Most good ole rock and roll is great. Now, I mean rock and roll. Hair bands don't count. I mean good classic stuff like Skynyrd, Rush, Zep, Pink Floyd... All that 70's stuff was awesome.

Were you around in the 70s?

There were just as many crappy bands back then as there were now.

-SD
Page 1 of 2