OK im saving up for the Ibanez JS1000 satriani signature. I was looking at the Specs and i was just wondering what substain means.
Sustain* ?

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
^^ yep, sustain, and that means (not to be patronising), basically, the length for which a note rings out / carries on
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Year thats what i ment lol sustain.
Last edited by Master Yoda at Jun 10, 2006,
It's called Sustain, without the b, mate.
It does have great sustain, for a Floyd Rose type bridge
Yeah, sustain means how long a note rings out on a guitar if you just held onto it for a long period of time. Guitars like Les Pauls are famous for their sustain.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
thanks By the way Is anyone using the JS1000, If you are what do you think about guitar
sustain.......hmmmm yes teh les pauls are famous for that. Arent jems or is it actually the player (steve vai) able to hold it for a very long ass time....??
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Ok, nevermind, I rudly assumed you were a newbie because you didn't know what sustain was and I was going to calmly direct you away from the $1330 guitar, but my mistake, nevermind.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Ok, nevermind, I rudly assumed you were a newbie because you didn't know what sustain was and I was going to calmly direct you away from the $1330 guitar, but my mistake, nevermind.

playing for three yrs is a newbie.
^No, one year is. I've been playing for 3 years and I'm decent. Guitar isn't exactly the hardest thing to get decent at. Maybe hard to master, but easy to get decent.
keep playing for 20 yrs.and you'll know what is and what is'nt a newbie.
^I agree and disagree
but of course you just keep progressing (or at least I hope I will) so where do you draw the line between noob and not noob?
+ some people are naturally gifted in playing the guitar, others aren't, so it's not always the amount of years you've been playing that determines your skill...
Quote by jnl
keep playing for 20 yrs.and you'll know what is and what is'nt a newbie.
Alright, he's intermediate, leave him alone. He's not that new.
Quote by Mike1109
Les Pauls are famous for their sustain.

haha

that reminded me of that scene in "This is Spinal Tap"...

"listen to this sustain. this guitar is famous for its sustain."

"i can't hear anything"

steve vai uses a sustainer on FLO, thats why in some songs the note rings out forever.
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
Quote by MastaBassist10
^He uses a ton of compression.

I heard otherwise, but I may be wrong. I know he has sustainer pickups on a few of his guitars.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^ Yes, he uses Fernandes Sustainers. Cheater! :P
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!