i was looking around Musicstore , in the intent of ordering myself an american standard strat (in musicstore because im from europe-portugal) i tought they were around 500? so i start looking and find Fender Standard Strat first of all it doesnt say if its american, but i supose it is for the price, what i dont understand is, whats up with poplar body? arent american standard strats suposed to have alder body? (i want alder body) so i start looking ahead in price and i find this one Highway 1 strat .. looks really nice and has alder body, but arent there cheaper standard american strat models? (with alder) , all help aprecciated
fender standard strats are made in mexico. sometimes listed as poplar but are usually alder. its hard to find a poplar body lately. u can call and ask what they have in stock. make sure u get alder.

the highway 1, is MADE in USA, but of mexican parts. so its better than a standard Mex, but not as good as a high end made in USA strat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I think the Standard Strat is MIM, by counting the frets and the price (American ones are much more I think)
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by XtreM
i was looking around Musicstore , in the intent of ordering myself an american standard strat (in musicstore because im from europe-portugal) i tought they were around 500? so i start looking and find Fender Standard Strat first of all it doesnt say if its american, but i supose it is for the price, what i dont understand is, whats up with poplar body? arent american standard strats suposed to have alder body? (i want alder body) so i start looking ahead in price and i find this one Highway 1 strat .. looks really nice and has alder body, but arent there cheaper standard american strat models? (with alder) , all help aprecciated

Yep, the Standards Strats are MiM. Of guitars in their price range their quality is pretty good too. Not a bad purchase at all. I know they make some of ash as well... oh, and make sure you get a 2006 model as there were a few upgrades in the electronics and frets.
negative, its a standard. so its mexican made. costs more because of the color, and a few extras.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

is it such a big diference from buying in US? i mean in musiciansfriend american strats are 950USD which is 550? , thats why i was wondering, but i guess that maby with my budget ill have to buy a MIM then
yep, those are american made. and with the conversion its 550? BUT depending on the country ur buying it in, u have to sometimes double that price after shipping and taxes.

we just get them cheaper here in the us.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah true, ill definatly go for a MiM standard then, they usually come with alder body right?
usually, it depends on the factory thy're shipped from.
u need to call sales and be sure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thanks. now im probably just going first to a local store so i can try 2 equal strats with diferent fretboards (rosewood and maple).. still need to decide that hehe... which one lasts longer btw?
its all preference. both should last longer than the fret wires running thru them.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62