take a screw driver and loosen the screws on the sides of the pickups
higher pickups makes the guitar louder, gets more feedback when distorted
like say you feel when you play a chord it has to much bass
you can raise the end of the pickups under the treble strings, or lower the end under the bass strings
i hope this helps
Adjust the screws on both sides of the pickup. This will raise/lower them. But be careful raising them too much will give you a wierd buzz and too low will deaden your sound.
Yeah. Threadstarter, your best bet will be to adjust them while the guitar is plugged in so you can here when they start to buzz and then you can back them down a little.
You can lower the neck P-up and play the main part of the song with it, than when its solo time you can turn on a volume booster and switch to you bridge Pickup so thats its louder and and can be heard better.
On a squire with three singles why would oyu use the neck pickup to play the main part, unless you were playing a Hendrix song? And even then you wouldnt want to switch to the bridge p-up. And if he dont have a boost pedal dont tell him to buy one if he didnt ask if he should.
Quote by ClaptonRules
On a squire with three singles why would oyu use the neck pickup to play the main part, unless you were playing a Hendrix song? And even then you wouldnt want to switch to the bridge p-up. And if he dont have a boost pedal dont tell him to buy one if he didnt ask if he should.

Possibly the most retarded reply I've read for a while. Its called personal preference, theres no rule saying you can only use the neck pickup for the main bit of a song if its Hendrix :S

Anyway.. to answer the question, just play with the screws next to the pickups and set them to where you like the sound of it.
Clapton,
Your reading comprehension sucks because i never told him to buy a boost, ever. You simply cant read. You should try Hooked on Phonics.
Quote by Gnod
You can lower the neck P-up and play the main part of the song with it, than when its solo time you can turn on a volume booster and switch to you bridge Pickup so thats its louder and and can be heard better.

To do what you say he would obviously need a boost pedal. And if he dont have one, what does that leave???? HIM BUYING ONE

And no Tom you dont have to use the neck pickup but for a Hendrix tone from a Squire or any Strat for that matter you need to use the neck. Its called common sense. Watch Hendrix play he barely ever takes it out of the neck.
So? You said "Why would you use the neck pickup to play the main part, unless you were playing a Hendrix song?", thus implying youd only use your neck pickup for the main part of a song if it was Hendrix... Sorry when I'm bored I just like to nitpick..
Oh, raising the pickups will make your sound more harsh, and lowering them will make it more mellow. That being said, how did hendrix make it's way itnto this thread?
God knows. in my experience, everyone on UG loves a good arguement about nothing...

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM