which marshall amp has the best clean sound?
my price range is any thing so you dont need to worry about that
Quote by The_0thersid3
which marshall amp has the best clean sound?
my price range is any thing so you dont need to worry about that

If you really are looking for clean sound get a Fender ffs! :P Then get some nice bosspedals or so^^ I would If I could afford it, wouyld go perfect with my Fender guitar
blues breaker, dsl 50.

why marshall, might i ask?
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Super Bass has nice cleans (Frussie uses them) but a JCM900 Dual Reverb has nice cleans to (just listen to Dave Navarro in RHCP)

But still: Why Marshall? They have ncie clenas and crunch, but if you want it for cleans there are alot of better amps out there. Look at Fender Twin Revrbs, Bassmans and Vox AC30's instead.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
because i prefer the generall sound and appearance of marshall and the music shops where i go have loads of marshalls.

is the jimi hendrix amp any good for john frusciante cleans and a jimmy page type overdrive?
Last edited by The_0thersid3 at Jun 11, 2006,
Definatly a bluesbreaker.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Marshall Major. (Fru uses one inbetween the Jubilees)

The Bluesbreaker is just a JTM45 combo, and yea, they have amazing cleans.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Same time I think, I'm not too sure actually.
Don't be afraid to care"

ebay? vintage guitar shop? second hand from some were^^^

what marshall has a similar sound to the Jubilee that is still in production
i think he does use them at the same time, i looked at guitar geek and he has three amps, on 200 watt the other is a pair of 100watts he uses one amp for his white falcon and acoustic (the 200watt amp) so he must use the Jubilee and the major together.

what amp wood have the sound of the Jubilee that is still in production?
and what amp did pagey use?
Apparently, I don't really know, but it's been said a lot, that the JCM800 sounds similar to the Jubilee, as it was based on the JCM800, but people might just be comparing the overdrive channels....

And John now uses 2 Jubilee heads, and a Major in between, prob all at the same time.
Don't be afraid to care"

3 amp heads?! jeeeeeeez i can only afford two!

if i can find the shcematics for a jubelee and a JCM800 on the interweb then i could compare and buy a jcm and mod it but where can i find the schematics?
Bluesbreakers are pretty pricey. I'd say a DSL100 would be a realistic option, and would offer a few good tones. Although, Marshall isn't the best option for clean tones....
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
but i dont want any thing realy other than a marshall, i love marshalls if i wanted to buy another amp make i would of asked in the title.

can any one with a jubilee and or jcm800 or similar take a few pics of inside to send to me please id be realy greatfull
just had a thought, john may use three heads at once and have his mids boosted on one his bass boosted on the other one and his trebles boosted on the other one, just a thought...
^mmm...nope. He just uses the Major for cleans.
Also, there's nothing made today that sounds like a Jubilee. Nothing. The JCM800 is the closest I've tried, but nobody would ever confuse the two side by side.
Nope, John probably used both Jubilees at slightly diff settings (or the same...) for a slightly overdriven clean tone, and the Major for solid cleans that won't really break up (it's 200watts all valve for Go.....John's sake)
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by The_0thersid3
and what amp did pagey use?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354099

My Jimmy Page rig.

KT-66 tubes (wich Jimmy used) doesn't break up as easly as EL-34's. Teh are often used if you wan't a clean sound. I think a Marshall Plexi Reissue would suit you perfect.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
is the plexi a 1959 superlead then?

if i have one head for clean and one for overdrive wich would i put the KT-66 tubes into? the clean or the overdriven amp?