What does Tiesto use to make his music?

Or any other popular trance/electronica artist?

I mean, I can make music that is relative to there just using FL Studios, and I know they use the most professional **** out there.
Reason, Logic, Soundforge, a bunch of other programs plus some use mixing programs like Traktor and most have technics and mixing equipment and Roland 303s and a ****load of other equipment costing thousands of dollars that you can make electronic much with.

Anyways, yeah I would check this out http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/
I think they waste there money alot of times.

I mean, what I make in 10 minutes with lame programs, they make in hours of time with big ones.

BUt then again, there sounds are more unique and they can do alot cooler ****.
I use a combination of FL Studios, Reason, and Cubase for my ventures into the Electronic Music world.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
Um, I'm sure what you make in ten minutes with lame programs are nowhere near as good as what a good electronic music producer can produce with Reason in ten minutes.

Unless its Tiesto or Ferry Corsten or Oakenfold or another sell-out piece of **** dj.

Though feel free to post one of your songs to show how much better it is.
Quote by INDUSTRIALMETAL
I use a combination of FL Studios, Reason, and Cubase for my ventures into the Electronic Music world.

Hey, I didn't know you were Tiesto! Why'd you never tell me? :lol:

Yeah FL Studio is pretty neat.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I doubt that Tiesto uses Fruity Loops or Reason. It's more likely that he uses as many hardware synthesizers as possible, using something like Cubase as a sequencer.

Reason can do a lot, but its software synths don't quite sound as good as hardware synths. Especially vintage analog synthesizers have that fat sound that software synths typically lack. Bajeda mentioned the Roland TB-303, that's the most popular synth for basslines, pretty much an essential machine. But it's a collector's item that went out of production decades ago. So it costs an arm, a leg and probably an additional toe.
But the makers of Reason also used to make an emulator for the TB-303, as well as the TR-808 and TR-909 drumkits, called ReBirth. It went out of production and can now be downloaded for free HERE.
Last edited by LKW at Jun 11, 2006,
Quote by LKW
I doubt that Tiesto uses Fruity Loops or Reason. It's more likely that he uses as many hardware synthesizers as possible, using something like Cubase as a sequencer.

Reason can do a lot, but its software synths don't quite sound as good as hardware synths. Especially vintage analog synthesizers have that fat sound that software synths typically lack. Bajeda mentioned the Roland TB-303, that's the most popular synth for basslines, pretty much an essential machine. But it's a collector's item that went out of production decades ago. So it costs an arm, a leg and probably an additional toe.
But the makers of Reason also used to make an emulator for the TB-303, as well as the TR-808 and TR-909 drumkits, called ReBirth. It went out of production and can now be downloaded for free HERE.

THAT SITE IS SWEET! The mods are great! Thanks!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Sweet, eh? I just saw the link on that wikipedia page, i had no idea they're offering it as a free download now. ReBirth is a cool program, i used it years ago when i used to play around with Reason 1 and 2. It integrates into Reason perfectly with ReWire.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
My trance isn't as good as Tiesto's because I'm not as experienced and my ears haven't formed to the modern trance, but I'm ok for just experimenting with it.

http://www.myspace.com/chaisemakesthemusic

I would like to make some serious trance for fun though, so I need to know hich progams to steal....or buy.

yea you definitely need a better program. your stuff has potential but the sounds are just so blargh compared to the professional stuff. it needs to sound less like it was made on a computer. keep it up though.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by KaosInTheDark
yea you definitely need a better program. your stuff has potential but the sounds are just so blargh compared to the professional stuff. it needs to sound less like it was made on a computer. keep it up though.

unluCKY...

Yeah, but the bad thing about these professional programs, is not only are they expensive as hell, but they're ****ing huge. It most often takes a godly pc with even god-lier processing power to smoothly run them. They can also be a bit complex, but that's usually not the issue.

I think I'll look into that Reason, one. I've heard samples that people have made and if I can get those sounds, then it should please me.
Quote by bajeda
Um, I'm sure what you make in ten minutes with lame programs are nowhere near as good as what a good electronic music producer can produce with Reason in ten minutes.

Unless its Tiesto or Ferry Corsten or Oakenfold or another sell-out piece of **** dj.

Though feel free to post one of your songs to show how much better it is.

What's wrong with Oakenfold? I like him. Isn't techno for dancing? Sander Klienberg is pretty cool too, yo.

Oh, and top this sweet-ass song I made: http://acousticgrrl.dmusic.com/music/stream/hifi/311179/.d2bb0008/stream.m3u
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Quote by ghettohippygrrl
What's wrong with Oakenfold? I like him. Isn't techno for dancing? Sander Klienberg is pretty cool too, yo.

Oakenfold is a talented DJ ,or was mostly. He can still mix pretty damn good but all he plays are the top charted anthems. Definately not what djing is all about. Hes a complete sell-out. He plays what the major labels pay him to play, and is a stingy bitch. Even back when the rave scene was still alive though being manipulated by greedy promoters Oakenfold was a bitch. He even stopped playing during the middle of a set when the next DJ didn't show up and called to renegotiate his contract before he started playing again.

He may have loved the music before, but now hes totally in it for the money and doesn't add **** to the scene.

Oh and check out the forums at www.tranceaddict.com if you want advice on producing tracks. You can post your songs for review or get tips on what software is good to use and how to use it, plus get loops n' all that junk. Much better site to go to for this type of thing than UG.
Well, if Oakenfold is getting people like me into trance, that's not neccessarily a bad thing. Like I wouldn't call Puff Daddy the pinnacle of hip-hop, but he helped bring the genre to a new audience. But if the contractual stuff is true, Oakenfold is a rude guy.

Amd the song I posted wasn't serious in the most remote sense. I used a Casio keyboard from like 1990, holler. (edit: here's the keyovard I used http://images2.dmusic.com/users/a/c/o/acousticgrrl/54421.jpg) But, I do love tinkering about on other programs -- my dream would be to reach the electronic caliber of Dntel, ooh baby. That will never happen, for a few reasons, but I like to pretend the latent potential resides in me. I'll peep that forum. Thanksie.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Last edited by ghettohippygrrl at Jun 12, 2006,
Quote by LKW

Just outof curiosity.... could those mods be integrated into Fl Studio somehow? I don't have reason but man those industrial mods look awesome... can anyone help?
Quote by raise_the_dead
Just outof curiosity.... could those mods be integrated into Fl Studio somehow? I don't have reason but man those industrial mods look awesome... can anyone help?

I'm not sure... it should work with any software that supports ReWire clients (Reason, Cubase, Sonar, etc.). I don't know about FL Studio. Their site mentions that it can function as a client itself, but i think you need to set it up as a host in order to use ReBirth.
Quote by LKW
I'm not sure... it should work with any software that supports ReWire clients (Reason, Cubase, Sonar, etc.). I don't know about FL Studio. Their site mentions that it can function as a client itself, but i think you need to set it up as a host in order to use ReBirth.

Okay, Ill check it out... thanks..
reason is a class program. I use it with Sonar to try and incorporate my guitar playing with electronic music.
So far i haven't done so well!
I need a better mic and Sonar is one hell of a tricky program for a 14 year old with not much computer experience!
Oh and i still need to get my guitar skills up to scratch :-)
Bajeda, just for the sake of it, I appreciate the links you're putting out. I listen to anything and electronic music isn't really my forte, but I do listen to a hell of a lot of it.

Also, if anyones interested, I have an album by my uncle named "the misadventures of sozo fong" which I'll up for those who'll appreciate it. It is house/chillout if I had to classify it(to the best of my knowledge) but I do like it, all the instruments were recorded live and mixed in Byron Bay, Australia.

Geeeeeez a shout if you want it upped, won't do it for many other people!
Why do women like cocaine? Cause they can speak more!
PS.. I'd like to spend a night with some of you people here, you sound pretty cool. I'm pretty ****ing caned on the old pills right now, but they ain't no good. Speedy as fook!
Why do women like cocaine? Cause they can speak more!
Quote by MrVert
Bajeda, just for the sake of it, I appreciate the links you're putting out. I listen to anything and electronic music isn't really my forte, but I do listen to a hell of a lot of it.

Also, if anyones interested, I have an album by my uncle named "the misadventures of sozo fong" which I'll up for those who'll appreciate it. It is house/chillout if I had to classify it(to the best of my knowledge) but I do like it, all the instruments were recorded live and mixed in Byron Bay, Australia.

Geeeeeez a shout if you want it upped, won't do it for many other people!

I'm game man. Up it! lol
Quote by MrVert
PS.. I'd like to spend a night with some of you people here, you sound pretty cool. I'm pretty ****ing caned on the old pills right now, but they ain't no good. Speedy as fook!

heh don't complain, at least you get em cheap over there

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by KaosInTheDark
heh don't complain, at least you get em cheap over there

unluCKY...

shit you think its cheap there try the Nederlands. I thought I was in heaven just because of the shrooms and weed, didn't realize that x costs close to nothing as well!
Quote by bajeda
shit you think its cheap there try the Nederlands. I thought I was in heaven just because of the shrooms and weed, didn't realize that x costs close to nothing as well!

*packs bags, moves to the netherlands*

seriously though, it might not be as cheap in the uk as holland, but its still WAY cheaper than here. i have to fork out up to $35 for one bloody pinger and the cheapest ive got has been $25 and thats coz we were buying in bulk, or from a close friend. it sucks, especially since australia is the largest consumer of x in the world lol.

anyway back on topic, mrvert i wouldn't mind hearing that album if you upload it

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by KaosInTheDark
*packs bags, moves to the netherlands*

seriously though, it might not be as cheap in the uk as holland, but its still WAY cheaper than here. i have to fork out up to $35 for one bloody pinger and the cheapest ive got has been $25 and thats coz we were buying in bulk, or from a close friend. it sucks, especially since australia is the largest consumer of x in the world lol.

Holy sh*t!! The middle east wasn't even that expensive (though that was dealing it). In the US it can go above $20 if you are at a rave, though generally if you look you can get it for $10 a pill in small quantities and for even less if you buy larger.

Edit: I hope you mean australian dollars, not US!
Quote by bajeda
Holy sh*t!! The middle east wasn't even that expensive (though that was dealing it). In the US it can go above $20 if you are at a rave, though generally if you look you can get it for $10 a pill in small quantities and for even less if you buy larger.

Edit: I hope you mean australian dollars, not US!

yea aus dollars, so up to about $25 US dollars
meh it's still worth it though

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Well I think some music software as Reason, I have some of my tracks online that was made in reason 4.0 you should listen and reflect on that in betarecods.com/woxsound
old thread is old and no longer relevant. woxsound, don't bump dead threads to promote yourself.
from daylight...
...into darkness