but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
The most depressing music ever, I love it.

Dooom is my favorite release. It's reserved for only the right times, but when I do listen to it, it just makes me feel like getting the gun and ending it all.

Perfection.
Listening to Whispering Gloom at the moment, fantastic stuff so far.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Ok I just had to bring this up to get this band more attention.. I was actually gonna start a new thread but decided to do a late search, just in case.

avoided the forum police there!

Dooom is the most perfect doom (funeral doom, if you like) metal album ever composed. It's just so haunting, yet depressing at the same time. Literally, all the tracks on this album are amazing. However, for me, "All I Ever Knew Lie Dead" just edges it overall.
Wann kann ich dich von diesem Ort wegbringen?
Wann ist der Tod unser einziger Zuschauer?
Wann können wir schreien anstatt zu flüstern?
Wann ist der neue Anfang das Ende dieses traurigen Madrigals?
My friend and I played the melody to All I Ever Knew Lie Dead on acoustic guitars. It was really, really emotional.
Yeah, the ending in that song has one of the most emotionally depressing lead guitar lines..

Btw, I was watching LOST last week and the tune that plays in the background during Richard's flashback sections (when he's on the horse) kinda reminded me of some lead guitar line, but I just couldn't figure out as to where I had heard that.. I pondered on that a lot, and it turns out that, a similar tune is played for the last 4-5 minutes in the song "I am the End: Crucifixion Part II". Now I'm totally hooked to that song as well. Not that I wasn't before but it's one of my favourites now..
Of course. Like I said, all the songs are beautiful.. The only song I haven't completely got into would be the cover song - Mirror of Sorrows.. It feels really empty, so to speak. No real melody or great lead sections in it.

One other thing that's rather surprising is that Spynal hasn't posted in this thread yet..
sounds like I need to check this band out more. I only have Last CD Before Doomsday
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Wicked band, some mass riffage to be found in their songs.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.