Hello! So I'm looking to purchase my second guitar and I believe I am leaning towards a Martin because of my style and what i've been told. I am really considering purchasing one of the two guitars (500-900 price range) and was hoping that someone could tell me what the main difference is between the two guitars and which one would be the best. The two guitars are:

Martin D-15 Custom Spruce and Mahogany Acoustic Guitar
Musicians Friend Link
Price: 699.00

and

Martin D-15 Custom Spruce and Rosewood Acoustic Guitar
Musicians Friend Link
Price: 799.00

So question is, what's the difference in the Mahogany and Rosewood, and which of the two would YOU rather have? Thanks a bunch.

Ryan

Any other suggestions are welcome
I dont know much about wood, but what I do know is that it gives different sound but I only think that matters if your ears are like super high-tech things :P
the mahogany will give you a deeper broad sound with great sustain

the spruce will be more brite and chords may sound sharper.

ive got both a mahogany electric, and a spruce acoustic ( i think its spruce)
so my acounts on them are pretty acurate.
Id go custom spruce and rosewood def. for several reasons

I believe it is better quality and

Its exclusive to MF so very few people will have that guitar (i personally like that)
i'd get the rosewood... i've actually played both of those guitars at my nearest guitar center and i liked the rosewood tone better on that model. it's all up to you and what you think sounds the best though.
Rosewood has a nice, punchy attack to it. Mahogany had a little more laid back tone. Personally, I like rosewood for the backs of my guitar.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by Mushok413
the mahogany will give you a deeper broad sound with great sustain

the spruce will be more brite and chords may sound sharper.

ive got both a mahogany electric, and a spruce acoustic ( i think its spruce)
so my acounts on them are pretty acurate.

The choice isn't between spruce and mahogony, it's between mahogany and rosewood. Both guitars have spruce tops.

Rosewood tends to produce more overtones, harmonics, etc. while mahogany has a more out-front fundamental sound, often more preferred for recording...however, much of this is can be subjective and just as much a function of build.
If you want a good wood I'd go Mahogany. But if you want a good sounding one, I do not know what the difference would be.