Is there a place where I can buy a pickguard (Strat) that already comes with pups and switches pre-soldered in it. I know Ebay, but I'd rather buy new. I'm looking for basicly a mirror pickguard to with a H-S-S combination.
To be honest, I don't exactly care what pickups are in it, as long as they are usable. I'm doing this purely for asthetics and I don't want to put my white pickups in the mirror pickguard. Also, I'd have to buy a soldering iron, then actually solder them, too much effort just to get it looking good.

Thanks in advance
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
it would probably be better to buy the pickguard and just buy new covers for the pickups, rather than paying for new pickups. If you just replace the covers, you dont need to soder anything, the pickups just screw into the pickguard.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Why not just get a new pickguard and get some pickups you like?
Wiring a pickguard is a trivial matter.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^but getting a soldering gun is a financial matter for him. guitarfetish gots some stuff.
Dude, it's no more than 10 dollars for a sufficient soldering iron, that can be used over and over again.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeah you can buy soldering irons for under £5, and you can learn how to solder. Soon you'll be soldering everything, guitars, radios, nachos, whatever floats your boat. It's a good skill to develop.

You could just change the covers, as suggested, or you could paint the current covers (this might scratch off, but it's cheap).
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Well, if it's that easy to solder I guess I'll give it a shot. I would have had to learn someday. Guitar Fetish doesn't have one I want, though they do seem incredibly cheap. Oh well, it'll save me some money in the future, not having to pay to get pickups installed and such.
Thanks for the input
Quote by madpickin03

Quote by chevellerox2005

^
Even a pre-loaded pickguard will have to be soldered to the outputjack, so you'll have to buy a soldering iron anyway
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
^Right, didn't think about that
I guess I don't have any other choice then.
Quote by madpickin03

Quote by chevellerox2005

^
Yup, just go to radio shack and pick up like a 10 dollar 30 watt soldering iron, a spool of solder, and a desoldering braid. It will be probably right around 20-30 bucks if not less, great skill to learn btw.