I was wanting to change some humbuckers out to P-90's. What are some good types of these pickups?
phat cats are ok on a solidbody, good on a hollowbody, what kinda music do you play, what kinda sound do you want
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
I play blues, with the guitar I am talking about but I kind of want a sometimes twangy, sometimes steel guitar type sound, Since I will be playing partly with a slide.
You'll have to rerout to get them to fit.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I know and I recently bought a router, cause Im gonna try and build a guitar soon. So apparently I got it just at the right time. LOL. But how much wider will it need to be for the P-90 then the humbucker?
the p-90's i have are thinner than humbs, they are duncan designed and sound good, but theres nothing really special about them, other brands might be better, ive never tried any others
I am them.
Quote by Teleprompters
what hes going from humbuckers to P-90's wouldnt they be too small? P-90s are thinner than HBs, you could get a humbucker sized P-90 like a P-94 that will fit perfectly

P90's are longer and thinner.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
they make those old school p 90s that fit in the humbucker spots though dont they?