ok i was wonder if the vox ad50vt is tube loud or ss loud?and would it sound good with an epiphone sg?
its hybrid and compared to a tube amp its not as loud and compared to a solid state its louder so it would be about in the middle i belive and yeah it would sound great with an epiphone sg, epiphone makes really nice guitars for the money i used to have one now i have a gibson custom shop and they both felt so simular and the sound was quite simular as well.
qwtper?

Quote by capt_dammit
"i knew i shouldn't of drank the kool-aid..."

Gibson Les Paul 1958 Standard Custom Shop
Vox ac30
The Valvetronix series are probably the loudest amps for the money as a hybrid. My AD15VT can get over drums fine. I've played a few guitars through an AD100VT (just louder than the mentioned AD50VT) and I'm sure it'll be a good suit for an Epi SG. Depends on the type though, are we talking Special, 310 or G-400 and up?
Wow.....

Your ad15 can get over drums?

How mellow is your drummer?

Cause im thinking about starting a band but i only have the ad15 and i dont think that could get over drums
Gibson SG Special Faded

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT Amp

Squier Acoustic starter pack
it's SS loud. the main poweramp is solid state. so it's SS loud.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by thekevinfoltmer
its hybrid and compared to a tube amp its not as loud and compared to a solid state its louder so it would be about in the middle i belive and yeah it would sound great with an epiphone sg, epiphone makes really nice guitars for the money i used to have one now i have a gibson custom shop and they both felt so simular and the sound was quite simular as well.

If they were so similar to you, then why spend several thousand on a Custom Shop Gibson?

But yeh, without trying one I imagine a Vox AD50 would be no louder than any other 50 watt solid state amp. It'll just sound a bit better when getting to the top volumes (as Danno said).
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
I have it, and it's great, but it's not any louder than any other 50watt solid state. Some people actually think it's quieter. But I will attest, as Danno said cause he's cool, that it has more usable volume than any other comprable solid state due to the crazy vox power amp setup emulator thing; I've cranked mine all the way and I barely had any breakup at all.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.