When writin songs shuld i make the music go exactly the same as the vocals or shuld i make it so its like back ground music ....
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!
what kind of music is it?

if its like metal then have the music and vocals bounce off eachother...sometimes more music...sometimes vox.

but its your band. do what you like. no one can tell you how to run your own band.
its rock..u know like ...uh sum 41, hedley, green day

oh yea u can tell me how to run it or at least give advice..lol

so im not sure..ill have a website soon u can listen to our band's song but without lyrics...or drums..or bass
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!
Quote by qwdudeqw
When writin songs shuld i make the music go exactly the same as the vocals or shuld i make it so its like back ground music ....

I think u should make them both go into the song.but sometimes when the guitars follolw the singer it gets old .Example-Master of Puppets- I love metallica but god damn that **** gets old.but its your choice.
airborne would be a really good name for your brain

so whilst your up there in the clouds, you should make the music like the earth and the vocals like a satellite floating over.

neither in the background or foreground but complimentary.

you could make a song and record it both ways and see which way you feel about it yourself
If you play punk rock, and i know green day and sum 41 may not be considered punk rock by all, just create a basic rhythem probably with power chords, and sing over that. so no, dont make the rhthem go exactly with the vocals, but it has to flow, and you have to be able to sing while playing, it can be tricky at first, so try doing incrdibly simple rythems and then work up