not shur if this the right forum but whatever.

if i get the esp alexi laiho 600 guitar could i route it for another oickups (it only comes with one). would this be hard? what kinda problems would there be if any
Yes, you could. If you've routed before it should be fairly easy. Just tape down your template and go at it. If you've never used a router before it might be better to let someone else do it for you. Even if they don't know anything about guitars, a good woodworker will save you a lot of trouble and probably a finger or two if you let them help you. Problems you could run into include chipping the finish, tearing out extra wood, not aligning the template properly, loosing fingers, ect.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.
Honestly, I'd feel uncomfortable telling anyone to even practice routing without being shown the basics by someone first. A router can easily become the most dangrous tool in the shop if not used correctly. There's only so much you can learn by reading.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

^A router can be dangerous if not used properly (like any tool).
A dremel will not cut it for routing work like that.
Quote by ClaptonRules
A monkey with no arms could use a router. Just get a dremel one and its fine.

The monkey probably has no arms because he tried to use a powertool and didn't know what he was doing.

OK, well when your daddy gets home tell him to teach you how to use a pwer tool. But anyway a dremel with the router bit and attachment works just like a full size router.
Believe me, I know how to use a router. But I've had enough close calls that I try to be responsible when giving advice. And yes, dremels are safer. They're also severely underpowered for routing a new pickup cavity.

In metal maybe bot not in wood, as long as the bit is sharp. a decent size dremel has enough power. sometimes moreso then some of the routers i have used.
Well ok then, you obviously know more than me so I'll just let it drop.

Im not saying that, its just with the proper bits and stuff it has enough punch to route a pickup hole. the bigger actual routers might be too much for a small job like that if the guitar is already finished.
Clapton rules. Have you ever tried routing something like that with a dremel?. a dremel is great for alot of things but routing like that isn't one of them. It doesn't have a strong enough motor. A dremel only just manages to do inlay channels.
No it can do routing for a pickup. And Im not talking about the 15 dollar one that Wal-Mart sells. I am talking about the big dremel, it does have the motor power to route a pickup hole. Besides a big router in the hands of someone whos not framilliar with one would eat the F*CK out of a guitar. If he wants to do it himself a Dremel would be the best way to go. Anyway, Dave, quit trying to argue with me about everything. I have used a dremel to route through metal, so in this instense I know what I am talking about.