Ok i just got a les paul ultra (but i think this could happen to all pauls) and it sounds amazing clean!!! But when i switch it to distortion, and if the tone nob is turned all the way up it makes a loud screetching noise when im not struming it. I tried raising the bridge so the strings would be farther away from the pickups . . . but that didn't help at all. Can someone help me please! i would appreciate it ;]
no its not i thought so to but im possitive its not because i plugged it in to my friends stack and it did the same thing only MUCH louder lol
lol u dont think i tried that? it has nothing to do with that and no im not facing the amp
I have one question, is it an epiphone? I've had experience with them and they screech like a b i + ( |-|
yea but ive always had epiphones . . . i had 3 les puals (that were stolen when i was on tour in florida) and i just got another. They have never done this? Ive always had great performance out of them!
.........IT'S FEEDBACK!!!

You bought a semi-hollowbody guitar, plugged it in and turned up the volume and gain. Semi-hollowbodies feedback more than solid body guitars. This is the high pitched screech you're hearing. It's louder on your friends stack because it's a bigger amp and therefore has more volume.

Common sense people. You all have it by default, and yet ignore it.

Also, to fix the feedback, use less distortion/gain and volume.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
well the thing about epis is that they aren't consistant. I got one from my local shop and i went back not too long ago and there was the same one, but when i picked it up i reliezed that the neck was different and the tuning pegs were different. So basically if you get a good one you lucked out.
its not semi hollow its solid dumb ass and i got plenty of common sence ur the one with egg on your face . . and acdc your probly right
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=242&CollectionID=6

Chambered body. It IS semi-hollow. That is why it feeds back so horribly, and also why it's so much lighter than regular LP's.

And seriously buddy, if you're going to insult someone, come up with something better than "i got plenty of common sense ur the one with egg on your face."
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
That's the same guitar I gave you a link to. The Les Paul Ultra. It's Epiphone's new "lighter" Les Paul. It has chambers (hollow spaces in case you couldn't figure that out), to make it lighter but not lose sustain. I don't even own the guitar and I know more about it than you do.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
dude... you just got OWNED

listen to Xenn99
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Quote by hendrix&angus!
dude dude EPIPHONE LES PUAL ULTRA http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Ultra-Electric-Guitar?sku=518770

i think "Common sense people. You all have it by default, and yet ignore it." that sounds a little outa date itself buddy ha

dude it has sound chambers. why else do you think it doesnt feel like you've strapped a brick to your neck. it only appears solid because it doesnt have an f hole or something like most semi hollows
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
i hate epiphone and i love the elitist though. The rest is ****... that ppl say omfg, you save 1600 bucks or so to get the same sound to its older bro, Gibson, and say ur epi is the shiz. No its not.....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by sylent
The rest is ****... that ppl say omfg, you save 1600 bucks or so to get the same sound to its older bro, Gibson, and say ur epi is the shiz. No its not.....

AMEN. Epi doesnt measure up in any way whatsoever

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Xenn99 just delivered some old school ownage

Semi-hollows are amazing for low-gain distortion, but go anyhigher, and then feedback... and YES n00b, the ultra is a semi hollow, but just doesnt have the f-hole to make it look like a semi-hollow, thats why it weights so much lighter... so stop trying to prove it is, because its not...
zep i think he gave up lol
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
well its Xenn99, you cants expect any less...

I think this guys might have these feedback problems... because he's a n00b who just got pwn

generally you dont want to play metal on semi-hollows, it just common sense