hi i took the covers of my humbuckers on my j&d luthiers les paul and now the bridge pickup really has a real thin sound and it sounds very plucky if you know what i mean.. and the middle pickup doesnt sound as good but i will put them back on but i was wondering if taking the covers of the bridge pickup made it go very thin.. because it didnt go thin for a while after i took the cover off it..
Cheers
Well I'm sure taking the humbuckers off changed the sound. Humbuckers are meant to make a more deep and bassy sound. That's why open-coil pickups have more a treble sound. I'm sure if you put them back on the sound will go back to normal.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
Quote by nachocheeez
Well I'm sure taking the humbuckers off changed the sound. Humbuckers are meant to make a more deep and bassy sound. That's why open-coil pickups have more a treble sound. I'm sure if you put them back on the sound will go back to normal.

I'm pretty sure if you take the humbuckers off that you'll have no sound at all, haha.

If you take the covers off, it will always make you're pups a bit more brighter.
LOL woops! Bad use of words there. Yes, taking the humbucker covers off is what I meant. Thanks for the correction... I probably shouldn't laugh at myself but still.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.