how many people have 2 or more different guitars? maybe each one for a different style? do you think it's a waste of money?
i have 3, 2 of them humbucker shred/metal type, and a strat type guitar. not a waste at all, i play them all a lot.
I have my beginner piece of **** stratocaster (Fender MIA). I know that guitar is worth a lot and it should'nt have been my first guitar but I hate it. My Yamaha RGX320FZ, I absolutely love it with EMG 81/85's though.
Quote by haveaniceday233
no im not the typical kind of guy who wants to play fall out boy and all that shi*t its pretty gay so no i wouldnt sell out

Quote by hardrock1315
Yeah, selling out totally changes your sexual preference.
I have one acoustic and one electric.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
I have a shipload, most of which dismantled on my floor for parts, but many of them I play on a regular basis for different sounds, tunings, and other excuses. I don't find it to be a waste of money, because actually most of my guitars are pretty cheap, only 2 of them are commendably good, but others have their own unique sounds.
I have an Ibanez electric guitar and a classical acoustic with nylon strings and I play them a lot and planning on buying another electric.
I have an Electric (Washburn WI14) and an acoustic (Wasburn D10SB).

I'm also going to be buying two more electrics in the next few weeks (Epiphone '57 Les Paul Junior Reissue and most likely an Epi LP Plain top).

I'll use all of them and play different things with each. My WI14 for mid-sounding stuff, My acoustic..for acoustic stuff (and writing songs..) The Jr. for brighter stuff, and the LP for deeper stuff.

And no, I don't think any guitar is a waste of money unless a) It get's smashed for no reason or b) It's some rich, poser kid's and all it does is sit on display or in a closet.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Warhead666
I have my beginner piece of **** stratocaster (Fender MIA). I know that guitar is worth a lot and it should'nt have been my first guitar but I hate it.

Go die now.
i have a G-400...which i love...and a strat style Austin on layaway that i absolutley love..played it at the shop for at least half an hour...and a fwe ****ty acoustics i found...bu my strat and my sg are forever my lovers...sg=metal/shred/heavy stuff...strat=blues/hardrock/shred stuf ( i will be changing each pickups to a stacked humbucker)
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

I don't think its a waste of money, different guitars have different tones. The more the merrier, I say! I have 3 guitars but I still want more. I can't decide between a Les Paul or Strat next...
I have a classical guitar, I hardly use it anymore but that's probably because the strings keep bloody breaking. My main guitar is my Epi LP Custom but I'm about to get a Squier Standard Tele. I don't think it's a waste because they are completely different guitars. The Epi will has .10 strings, humbuckers, mainly for rhythm stuff. The Squier has .9 string, single coil pickups, lead stuff. As you see completely different purposes.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
i have 4. an acoustic, a fender strat, a gibson es-335, and a cheapo behringer strat copy that is completely disassembles and sitting in a bag. different styles, the behringer strat copy is mostly for experimenting on physical things on a guitar. what kinds of paint work best, what sandpaper is good, soldering, pickup replacement, etc.
Just one guitar for me, but it's almost done being pimped out, so another one will be in my hands soon . I think guitars are great investments, just as long as you make use of them. Nothing worse then an instrument that gets no attention.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
At the moment, I have two Gibson Les Pauls, one Epiphone Riviera, one Fender Duosonic (w/ new pickups), one Takamine Acoustic, and one Epiphone Acoustic (probably the nicest acoustic I've ever had my hands on...but that is a long story). I'm selling the lp's.

Owning multiple guitars is pointless. Unless you get decidely different tone, AND use all those tones with regularity it just becomes a bother maintaining them all.

I currently buy to sell, and hope to support my own hobby of playing that way. Eventually I would like to own no more than two electrics and two acoustics.
-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
Quote by Warhead666
I have my beginner piece of **** stratocaster (Fender MIA). I know that guitar is worth a lot and it should'nt have been my first guitar but I hate it. My Yamaha RGX320FZ, I absolutely love it with EMG 81/85's though.

Can I have your strat then?
I have four guitars: An Agile AL-2000 Blue Flame, a Washburn 7-String, A Dean Acoustic and p.o.s B.C. Warlock

I keep them all in different tunings for different styles and sounds even though as of right now the Agile, Washburn, and Dean are in standard because my band plays in standard.
Try 9. I really splurged last year, and I'm planning on selling some.
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

I have one Squier Strat and I often use my sisters classical guitar too. I'm saving up for a Fender Telecaster should be great.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I only have six guitars right now but by the time im an old man i want to have room full of guitars...sort of like that scene out of spinal tap...but i like that i have multiple guitars. I like having a variety and chosing which one i want to play that day. i have six guitars but about two pairs of jeans. I'm addicted....its like a drug i cant kick.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
Last edited by sleepytone at Jun 11, 2006,
Quote by sleepytone
I'm addicted....its like a drug i cant kick.

Why would you want to kick it?

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I have two electrics and two acoustics. One's a strat, one's an Ibanez (cheap one though), one's a classical, and one's a Dreadnought.

So I've got all the bases covered.
look down. its definately not a waste of money, i use them for different styles alright, but i guess i also collect them too, i just love the design aspect of them too, so it'd be like collecting really big stamps with six strings on them, or faberge eggs! "ill have another faberge egg please" "sir i think youve hade enough" "ILL TELL YOU WHEN IVE HAD EHOUGH!!!"
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg