i know how to play natural harmonics on the 12, 19,7 frets. but how do you play it on
all the other frets
natural harmonics dont work on all frets.....they will work on 5,7,9,12,19 frets. If you want to know the theory behind this, i think there is a video by Pick n' grin on harmonics.
natural harmonics exist on the 5th, 7th, 12th, 19th, and 24th frets. otherwise, they're either between frets or are not considered "natural" harmonics.
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

1.8, 3 both are kinda natural harmonics.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Pinch harmonics maybe? Thats the only way i know of to do harmonics all over the fretboard.

take a look here:

http://www.cyberfret.com/techniques/harmonics/pinch/index.php

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
some natural harmonics are easy'er to get if you start with your tem. bent down a bit.try it on the g string 3rd fret. its a real screamer.
Last edited by jnl at Jun 11, 2006,
You can play harp harmonics on all frets, which sound like natural harmonics. You fret the note, and lightly touch the string twelve frets above. You get a harmonic an octave higher than the fretted note.

EDIT: I just thought, you can only play them on frets up to twelve less then the number on your guitar
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Quote by marmoseti
You can play harp harmonics on all frets, which sound like natural harmonics. You fret the note, and lightly touch the string twelve frets above. You get a harmonic an octave higher than the fretted note.

EDIT: I just thought, you can only play them on frets up to twelve less then the number on your guitar

thats cool you can tape out chords and stuff.