i'm in a couple of bands and am looking for a new head since the AVT head i have now doesn't fit either of them. One of them kinda lamb of god/children of bodom/shadows fall sounding, the other being more of a RHCP type sounding band. So i need really heavy distortion but need good cleans too. I have a Marshall 1960A cab. thanks.
single or Dual Rectifier? Not going to be great cleans but distortion will be great. You could always get a chorus with it.
well the thing is i love natural cleans. i dunno i was looking at the JCM 800 but didn't like that it was a single channel head. i was kinda looking for a two channel, head. oh and i only got about 800 us to spend on it.
used JCM900 Dual Reverb.

Add reverb/chorus for cleans and a booster for heavy stuff.

pairs perfectly with the 1960a cab.
You could look for a used 2 channel JCM800 head.

Maybe a DSL50 head or a JCM900 head too?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i didn't know the jcm 800 came in a two channel, if i got that would i still need the overdrive boost pedal and the chorus pedal?
budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i vote JCM900 dual reverb, i have it, i can do RHCP on the clean channel and with my tubescreamer can get Bodom like tones. i really reccommend it.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

^ 800 whats?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?