ok i have an epi les paul custom but i'm ready for an upgrade. i woul dlike to get a few guitars eventully but just one or possible two for now.

first i want a guitar for metal/shredding/lead type stuff. here are some of my ideas

fender john 5 sig (i saw him in a few videos and wow. what he can do with a tele)
esp alexi laiho 600 (like it except it only has one pickup )
scecter c-1 elite
esp kh-602

i would also like a guitar for rythem type stuff.

i like les pauls but heres the thing i only like them in a few colors. white,black and the red les paul gt paint job (red with shadow flames).

so maybe a epi elitst les paul custom
gibson les paul studio (kinda sucks theres no binding but painters tape can fix that )
gibson les paul gt

not shur what amp i'm gettin yet. so it's thier a mesa dual/triple recto,engl powerball,marshall jcm 900
or some other black or white les paul
John5 tele

Edit: The black beauty Les Paul.
Quote by haveaniceday233
no im not the typical kind of guy who wants to play fall out boy and all that shi*t its pretty gay so no i wouldnt sell out

Quote by hardrock1315
Yeah, selling out totally changes your sexual preference.
Quote by Warhead666

Edit: The black beauty Les Paul.

well the epi version has 3 pickups which i would think woul dget in the way and the gibson verison is way way too much. the most i woul dpay for one guitar is more like around 2500.

but have u played the john 5?
^No I just like John5 hes an amazing guitarist and hes the only guitarist thats cool with a Tele, I hate Teles with a true passion, but John5, yeah...

The Laiho 600 is the same spcs exept it has Grover instead of Gotoh tuners and it doesnt have straplocks and they just slapped LTD on it.
Quote by haveaniceday233
no im not the typical kind of guy who wants to play fall out boy and all that shi*t its pretty gay so no i wouldnt sell out

Quote by hardrock1315
Yeah, selling out totally changes your sexual preference.
Les Paul won't do you for shredding, the necks are just too fat and cumbersome, The ESP's are good options to look into. Dunno about the John 5 sig, are you looking trem or fixed bridge? Maybe some of thr Ibanez RGs or S series.
well thats why i want 2 guitars. one for shedding/metal,lead type stuff (john5 like stuff on "songs for sanity", children of bodom, heavier metallica, black label society,avenged sevenfold,rammstein) and another for not as much lead and not as haevy (my chemical romance,bloodhound gang,turbonegro, softer metallica,the 69 eyes,rob zombie,HIM,alter bridge).

and i personally dislike ibanez. i don't know why but i just don't like them so i try to afoid them.

and trem or no trem i don't care. i gues it woul dbe nice to have on the shred/lead guitar but for the other rythem type one no. are bigsby trems good? (put one on the john 5 if i got it)
www.boogiestreet.com

A custom Boogie Street Washburn sounds right up your alley.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i would rather not go custom cause a.)takes too long b.)usually cost a butt load
They don't. Most on there are under $1000.

Also, they aren't custom in the sense that you specify everything, they're custom built by them already. They're improved from the original models with things like thicker bodies, EMG pups, different finishes and inlays, etc.

Most are also limited run.

As for how long it would take, most likely just regular shipping time - figure 3-5 days.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
well id rather not do boogiestreet or whatever it is

is the headstock on the john5 tele speacialy made for it? (well besides tha shape like shaved down or sumthin?
MUST you get a sig guitar?

What about an RR1? What about an RG Prestige?

But of your suggestions, get the Gibson GT. That guitar has a great set of upgrades.
no i don't need a sig guitar but the ones i happen to like are sig guitars. and i don't like ibanez. so no rg prestige.

how big of a neck does the gt have?