I realy like my current Strat but i have a problem i cant get my thumb up on the fret board : ( (makes it hard to play The Red Hot Chili Peppers stuff cuz John Frusciante is the ****in man and i have trouble playing thier stuff)
i saw a few guitars at my local music store that had a much less broader fret board
i was wondering if anyone who plays with thier thumb could tell me if a smaller neck would help
and give me any other tips that i should know thanks
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
Often stuff that you use your thumb for can also be barred with fingers...maybe try doing that instead?
eh ill get you a link its only on the french fender site though
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
Often stuff that you use your thumb for can also be barred with fingers...maybe try doing that instead?

actualy thats the problem some of his stuff realy cant be effect ively barred
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Explain at the moment, how you're trying to do the thumb-on-the-fretboard thing...

What you should do, is let it feel comfortable to you, get in a position where you can do it and if feels alright.

And if you can't stretch that far....it's just too bad.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Explain at the moment, how you're trying to do the thumb-on-the-fretboard thing...

What you should do, is let it feel comfortable to you, get in a position where you can do it and if feels alright.

And if you can't stretch that far....it's just too bad.

playing F7 on californication is basicaly impossible and thas how john does it
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.