I know the heads are bad, but out of curiosity, what about the cabs?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
crap
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
Why are AVT's so bad anyway's, I've never played one. Aren't they tube or are they as crappy as MG's?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
They aren't as bad as MG's, just bad for the price. I figured that the cab couldn't be as bad as the head. It's a little smaller than the 1960A by about 6 square inches and weighs a little less. I figured maybe a speaker change could make it sound better, but by then, you could've bought a 1960A.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
AVT's are hybrids, not tube. So they are better than the MG's but not as good as the DSL's or TSL's.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Quote by Ambulance X
I know the heads are bad, but out of curiosity, what about the cabs?

the avt series are a good value buy! everyone has a go because there a hybrid, there better than the MG series, but cheaper and probably more durable than the DSL/TSL series. There is nothing wrong with them. The cabs are good marshall quality but i run my AVT50h through a MG12 cab and thats fine, the sound quality is prety much the same for both
It is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven

1. My friends turtle peed on me and I didnt even know turtles could pee.

member #20 of the black tooth club
member #72 of the metal militia
^AVT's sucks balls, they are expensive and sound justa bit less worse than an MG. For the same price you can get a used all tube Marshall (wich is really good). On cabs: If you are in the US yu should be able to get Avatar cabs for the same price.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Cyrus-602
the avt series are a good value buy! everyone has a go because there a hybrid, there better than the MG series, but cheaper and probably more durable than the DSL/TSL series. There is nothing wrong with them. The cabs are good marshall quality but i run my AVT50h through a MG12 cab and thats fine, the sound quality is prety much the same for both

Wrong, they have the same fan problems. The sounds is super thin. The effects are terrible. It produces no bass whatsoever. The cabs are not good marshall quality, the heads are not good marshall quality. Do not fill this guys head with lies. He might actually go buy one. Learn quality, and learn tone.
mgs arnt actually THAT bad. Yes, there not dsl100s, but they rnt bad as little bedroom practise amps. well the smaller combos are anyway
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Haha, oh no, I would never purchase an AVT head or any MG product. I was just wondering because I didn't think that the 6 cubic inches of volume difference between the AVT cab and the 1960A lead could make that much of a difference, even if you put better speakers in there. If I'm not mistaken, the AVT cabs are about the same size as an Avatar, so if they're so bad, I think I can attribute the cause to the woods and speakers.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
mgs arnt actually THAT bad. Yes, there not dsl100s, but they rnt bad as little bedroom practise amps. well the smaller combos are anyway

Once again, wrong. They are not reliable at all. And if you dont care about tone at home, you probably care about reliability. They break down. Its a fact. The tone on them is even thinner than the AVTs, and the distortion is terrible. You cannot argue with facts, and these are facts. It breaks, and the tone is horribly thin.
The first amp i got was an mg15cdr, it did me ok till i got another better amp, so iv got nothing against thm really
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
You know, I'm sure someone could get a decent tone out of an MG. To get a fatter sound, you could use an EQ pedal and crank the bass up. I would imagine that would rectify the thinness situation. As for the distortion, that can probably be fixed with a distortion pedal. But for the breaking down, I have no clue what to do.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Quote by Ambulance X
You know, I'm sure someone could get a decent tone out of an MG. To get a fatter sound, you could use an EQ pedal and crank the bass up. I would imagine that would rectify the thinness situation. As for the distortion, that can probably be fixed with a distortion pedal. But for the breaking down, I have no clue what to do.

Wrong.

Adding bass would just muddy it up, and make it all woofy sounding.

The distortion could be improved upon with a pedel, but by the time that was all said and done, you could have a nice Roland Cube, that sound 3039 times better and wont break down on you.l

The fact is, they cant be made to sound good without going into extensive modification, and by the time you are done with that you will have a mediocre practice amp that you spend 300 bucks on.
Too bad no one will mod MGs because it's common knowledge they suck haha.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Quote by TheFluffy
Wrong, they have the same fan problems. The sounds is super thin. The effects are terrible. It produces no bass whatsoever. The cabs are not good marshall quality, the heads are not good marshall quality. Do not fill this guys head with lies. He might actually go buy one. Learn quality, and learn tone.

pwnt to the maximus. buts its all true.

The speaker cones sound like theyre made out of toilet paper. And the wood used to make the cabs might as well be a bunch of glued together popsicle sticks.

My guitar player has an AVT halfstack laying around his house (its not his or mine) but I really don't think its worth the price even for how low it is.

IMO...