i want to know which one is better among this two guitars? pls give some advice!
sheref
RR3.. i thik the esp is made of agathis if my memory serves me well
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I believe that all ESP's under the 400's are made of agathis...which is garbage wood.

Go for the Jackson.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
so ur saying that the M-200 FM are not good guitars right! well bout the jackson? and one more question wat is "agathis"?
sheref
^ yeah thats what i was tihnking danno lol

Yeah dude, go for the Jackson
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Do you mean the Pro Series RR3 Rhoads?

Its made out of Alder, and quite good also. I'd say the RR3, no agathis plz...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I have one, it's a great guitar only thing wrong is the neck joint. Make sure you get a 06' pro series one too, don't get the 05's or before which have chrome hardware and a chrome pickguard, They suck. Also get it in black, All other colours suck on it.
OK the jackson is the pro series... so u people think the jackson is better than the M-200fm and ibanez s470dxqm?
sheref
I think the RR3 is better than m200fm but the S470 is better than both w/ zR trem, mahogany body, wizard2 neck all better features than the other 2
Quote by gunjakat
OK the jackson is the pro series... so u people think the jackson is better than the M-200fm and ibanez s470dxqm?

no way, the S470DXQM kills them both. better wood tone, way better trem. you cant go wrong with it.
Wait a minute, if you are going to get the new RR3, then why not look at the ESP 400 series? They are almost all cheaper than the RR3 (except for a few that are like 30 bucks more) and are AMAZING. Plus, Ibanez is good, but I don't like the look of most of them.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
lol u guys r argueing i dont know which one to get.... the ibanez S470DXQM..... RR3 or the ESP.... well the closest guitar dealer near my house only sells ibanez guitar..... well the two other guitars i have to travel 100km to a city just to get.... well .... cant really make up my mind.........!!!!!
sheref
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
agathis=plywood

wrong
its the asian alternative to mahogany.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Go with the Ibanez, definately, and switch the pups later on if you want to. The trem on the RR3 is horrible, and the Ibanez is better than both the Jackson and ESP.
Quote by madpickin03
Go with the Ibanez

+1 you wont regret it the mahogany tones the awesome ZR trem, which is the first real credible upgrade to the 2 point floating Floyd design since the Kahler Flyer of the 80s (but the Kahler didnt have teh sustain of a 2 point fulcrum), the wizard2 neck, and a shape and body that is comfortable to play sitting or standing. For the same or less $ its a no brainer, go with the S
I have an S470DXQM, it simply rocks... the trem is amazing! sounds good too.

one thing i'd do is change the pups for something else.
i may get dimarzio air norton for neck and toss up between X2N or Sonic D for the bridge and 55 for the middle.

I have also fitted mine with a d tuner. works ok tbh.
Quote by Spirit__Crusher
Go with the Ibanez, definately, and switch the pups later on if you want to. The trem on the RR3 is horrible, and the Ibanez is better than both the Jackson and ESP.

The trem on mine is actually really good. Its the best LFR I've played.
^^ yes I ve been able to keep licensed floyds in tune but there is a compromise in materials and feel to save money, and ive never owned one more than a year so I cant comment on a licensed long term reliability
id say travel to the city and buy the rr3
"We could only wonder what he would have accomplished is his life hadn't ended so early"

----Randy Rhoads----
Quote by Tarzan_man
I have one, it's a great guitar only thing wrong is the neck joint. Make sure you get a 06' pro series one too, don't get the 05's or before which have chrome hardware and a chrome pickguard, They suck. Also get it in black, All other colours suck on it.

No man TRANS-black. Theres crimson swirl too man. Their both killer.
well..... i have a question? other guitars with a floating bridge easily get out of tune ..... i dont a guitar like that... i want to know bout this RR3 weather its one of those guiatr that easily get out of tune?
want somthing like the ibanez s470DXQM but jackson!!!!
sheref
even though i have a passionate dislike for Jacksons, id say ge the RR3

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
The trem on mine is actually really good. Its the best LFR I've played.

I tried it, and i didn't like it at all. It was extremely stiff, and felt like it was going to fall apart.