i want to get either a boss overdrive ( forgot exact name ) or a digitech bad monkey overdrive. either one i can grab new for $40. i play mostly metal and already have a boss metal zone and a crybaby and i run all that into a behringer gmx212...so i would just like to know what anyone might think the best one for me might be and why they have come to that conclusion.

thanks alot!
-matt
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Last edited by bobross at Jun 11, 2006,
Don't get an OD if you have a SS. I own the same amp (and I hate it haha) and OD sounds horrid on it. Spend your money elsewhere.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
i own the same amp and kicking in distortion pedals messes it up big time but the amp disortion that it already has is great
Quote by gravewatching
i own the same amp and kicking in distortion pedals messes it up big time but the amp disortion that it already has is great

I've gotta disagree with both statements. My distortion pedal works fine with my amp. I just put it on the clean channel with zero gain and it sounds great. And the amp distortion is crap. It's so lifeless.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
The Bad Monkey is the best overdrive I've ever heard...and I've heard the Tube Screamer. Digitech really got it right with that one.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.