Hi im a newbie on this forum hehe (noob) but yeah I was wondering could anyone help me find a explorer shaped hard case so i could put a EX 50 in one. I looking to buy a case. Im a UK user so hopefully one in the UK. If you have bought it before could you leave a comment about it etc but hopefully Id get some replies. Thank you

Metallica !!!
Gibson makes one... and theres always a coffin case
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by 5P33D3V1L
Hi im a newbie on this forum hehe (noob) but yeah I was wondering could anyone help me find a explorer shaped hard case so i could put a EX 50 in one. I looking to buy a case. Im a UK user so hopefully one in the UK. If you have bought it before could you leave a comment about it etc but hopefully Id get some replies. Thank you

Metallica !!!

I think they're pretty expensive, probably more expensive than the guitar itself...
I'd go with a strong and firm bag.
You can get very big and heavy hardcases for about £70, or go for a thick and not too heavy gig bag for £45.
I've got a gigbag, because I would take my guitar to school on the bus, and the hard case was too big, and my Exlporer is more damaged from me playing to hard than being damaged in the gig bag. So the gig bag is tough.
I got a hardcase with my epi Explorer (i bought it second hard, not sure if its an epi case), but its so big and heavy that i rarely use it. I use a Ritter RCG700 series gig bag, its padded enough so that you won't ever scratch or ding your guitar through it (unless you drop it off a bridge or something), and its only about £35-40.
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
ESP makes one, you can find it here.
I'm sure you can find a store that stocks them in the UK though.
Current Gear
-LTD M-50
-Mesa Boogie 3 Channel Dual Rectifer
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
-Peavey Rage 158
Quote by Y00p
I'd go with a strong and firm bag.

keep that stuff to yourself man...

I sold a kid that same kind of guitar and didnt have the case for it. trust me guys, it doesnt even fit in a Coffin bass case. the damn thing is just too big for any kind of case! the only thing that i was able to squeez it into was a Coffin soft shell bass case....but they sell for anywhere between 70-100USD
Thread starter, I know exactly where your comming from. I bought my EX-50 pretty much just because James uses ESP. I had a hard time finding an affordable case too. All the hardshells were too expensive and bulky. Then I found a softshell case that worked. Coffin Case's acoustic gig-bag. They dont make an explorer gig bag, but the acoustic fits perfect, and is alot less expensive than a hardshell, but the coffin case gig bags are built solid, and will protect about as good as a hardshell.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Quote by moomoocons
Thread starter, I know exactly where your comming from. I bought my EX-50 pretty much just because James uses ESP. I had a hard time finding an affordable case too. All the hardshells were too expensive and bulky. Then I found a softshell case that worked. Coffin Case's acoustic gig-bag. They dont make an explorer gig bag, but the acoustic fits perfect, and is alot less expensive than a hardshell, but the coffin case gig bags are built solid, and will protect about as good as a hardshell.

Dude you just knew exactly why I was buying an ESP EX-50 lol (hetfield) but yeah thanks guys for advice I think ill go for a gig bag now cos of wat you guys said and my mate has a case for his Les Paul and when he brings it to school he has so much trouble lugging it around so yeah thanks for advice guys.
guys Hetfield used old gibson Style explorers built by ESP he didnt use that ugly pointy thing

Try a Gibson explorer case
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
i hjave to use a acoustic bass bag for my warlock......
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
ESP makes hardcases for their EX models, so that could be one option. They're pretty expensive ($100+) and not worth it in my opinion. The guitar can take a bit of abuse anyhow.
Quote by Syn Harvest
guys Hetfield used old gibson Style explorers built by ESP he didnt use that ugly pointy thing

I knew that, TRUST me. He has an Ex-50, James used the X series, whcih they had to change cause Gibson is a bunch of a**holes.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
either buy the ESP hard case for the EX shape OR you can buy the coffin case sor odd shaped guitars (and coffin case doesent make JUST coffin shaped cases look it up)
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E