Well, My telecaster is red with a white pickgaurd, and I hate the way those colors match. So I was thinking I could spraypaint my pickgaurd black, with maybe some stenciled in things and such, but I'm not sure if its a good idea.

P.S.
Don't suggest to buy a new pickgaurd, because it's not a fender. It's a damn good imitation I got, because I was on a budget, made by that company austin. The fender pickgaurds wouldn't fit it.
Quote by SG thrasher
I sprayed a stencil of my band name on mine and then just laquered(SP?) over it, hold on, i'll get pics.

EDIT: I suck at spraying.

Damn, you have a sexy guitar.

Okay, so it's an okay idea? I'll get to work tommorow and show some pics.
you can always buy a cheap pickgaurd and spray paint or whatever your going to do and see how it holds up then do it on the final copy.
Quote by Varkunus
well i got an MG
I don't know what skills you have but you could buy more plastic and cut it to the same dimensions as the original pickguard using the original as a guide so that way you could cut a whole bunch of them to experiment with designs and you would have a few different options.
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
If your gonna spray paint on plastic your best bet is to get that Krylon or whatever band of paint that molecularly bonds to plastic. Spray that and then clear coat it. It should hold up pretty good.
it may sound stupid but try using nail varnish because that sticks to plastic fairly well, and yes i have a sister before the flaming begins
Quote by ClaptonRules
If your gonna spray paint on plastic your best bet is to get that Krylon or whatever band of paint that molecularly bonds to plastic. Spray that and then clear coat it. It should hold up pretty good.

Do what he said, or they make this stuff called "Bulldog". Its a paint adhesion promoter made for plastics. It helps the paint stick to plastic better and the paint won't crack and break if the plastic is bent. Either way, just be sure to prep the pickguard well first, sand the pickguard well, rub it down with a tack cloth, then paint. And don't be shy with the clear coat.